AMD graphics doomed?

B.Ob.

AMD to open CrossFire?

"Since its introduction, CrossFire, the multi-GPU platform from AMD (formerly ATI), has only been available on certain AMD core logic, along with Intel i975X and P965. HKEPC is now reporting that AMD may open CrossFire to any chipset with two 16x PCI Express slots, including those from NVIDIA, SiS and VIA. Such a move does fit with AMD's statements during the merger with ATI that it would remain a supporter of open platforms. No timeframe is given for the change, but considering that Dell once offered a machine with an nForce motherboard and two AMD video cards in CrossFire, it does not seem far-fetched."

R600 delays point to problems

"By delaying the R600 from March to May, ATI suffered a big black eye, but the numbers on the bottom line won't really matter much. The defections should be minimal, Nvidia still does not have a functional G80 driver out, so the pressure is not all there. Neither side has the DX10 mid and low range parts out, and the R600 delay does not seem to have affected this schedule. There is nothing here that can not be fixed with a good deal of kissing up."

AMD opening up Crossfire reminds me too much of when 3dfx opened up Glide to the public!

Internal CF bridge on my x1950s is working aswome with the 7.2 cats for me. I think ATi would be wise to open it up. Would allow for more sales of cards and create a std for multi GPUs, instead of two different platforms.