X-Fi and WoW sound issues

Sacred

And Play WoW and have an X-Fi sond card. I install card play the game once sound seems to be fine then next time I play I have no sound at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the card already still same issue. Tried updating drivers don't think it took. A few time have had crackling issues in WoW only. I can listen to CD's listen to music I downloaded and play other games with no issues at all. I am considering trading my X-Fi Extreme gamer card for a card that works with WoW and all my other games and music as well.

Any help would be appreiated.

Have you checked the Mode Switcher to be sure your in Gaming mode and not Entertainment mode?

I have issues my my X-Fi card too, but only in certain games - BF2 and Flatout2 being the most painful. BF2 I cannot choose the X-Fi option, have to leave and default hardware. Flatout2 I have seriously bad crackling on dirt tracks like rocks are being kicked up into my room.

I have issues my my X-Fi card too, but only in certain games - BF2 and Flatout2 being the most painful. BF2 I cannot choose the X-Fi option, have to leave and default hardware. Flatout2 I have seriously bad crackling on dirt tracks like rocks are being kicked up into my room.

What is wierd is that everything elkse sounds is great. I can play CoH NWN2 Titan Quest sound is great with those games.

Except the 2 X-Fi issues I had, it has been a rock for me. Every game sounds fine for me right now.

Have you checked the Mode Switcher to be sure your in Gaming mode and not Entertainment mode?

It must me in gaming mode for BF2 to select that option. I was having that same issue in BF2 until I throw it in gaming mode. I got my xfi working for 2 days and the rebooted on the 3rd and now it is undectable by the drives and is in device manger as "Multimedia Audio Device" with a yellow "!" on it. uninstalled everything reinstalled a dozen times/ways same result. Was reading forums and some of the X-Fi are tagged with the wrong hardware ID's and the software does not see them properly when there is an IRQ conflict. That is as much info as I can find as Creative has been telling ppl to just send them back for RMA 8 to 12 weeks for a replacement/refurb.

I am returning mine to newegg for RMA tomarrow

It must me in gaming mode for BF2 to select that option. I was having that same issue in BF2 until I throw it in gaming mode. I got my xfi working for 2 days and the rebooted on the 3rd and now it is undectable by the drives and is in device manger as "Multimedia Audio Device" with a yellow "!" on it. uninstalled everything reinstalled a dozen times/ways same result. Was reading forums and some of the X-Fi are tagged with the wrong hardware ID's and the software does not see them properly when there is an IRQ conflict. That is as much info as I can find as Creative has been telling ppl to just send them back for RMA 8 to 12 weeks for a replacement/refurb.

I am returning mine to newegg for RMA tomarrow

ok reinstaled card and set DX hardware accel to standard I have sound in WoW it just the ambient sound does not work you know sounds like when you or someone else is walking. I hear the characters talk and the spells alll work. Anyone on Elune Medivh or Hydraxis servers