Computer issues again.

Sacred

bummed out now. computer issues again. was playing CoH this morning. sitting at the screen press any key after you select continue campaign was that screen maybe 15 minutes when all of a sudden the screen went to all line vertically on the screen it was like they were small boxes with 4 white line each that are maybe 1/4 inch tall the screen was filled like that. I reset BIOS still get nothing. I do not have the time nor the parts or room to properly test the stuff. I had the CPU OC a bit maybe 200 from 2.2 to 2.4 gig That is not even close to pushing the cpu even close to its threshold. I have a friend that has a friend who owns a computer shop in West Seneca. Not sure if he would charge me to have computer looked at or not. I would rather save up the money and put it towad new MB if I need to. Fu@# I am so bummed now. This really sucks.

bummed out now. computer issues again. was playing CoH this morning. sitting at the screen press any key after you select continue campaign was that screen maybe 15 minutes when all of a sudden the screen went to all line vertically on the screen it was like they were small boxes with 4 white line each that are maybe 1/4 inch tall the screen was filled like that. I reset BIOS still get nothing. I do not have the time nor the parts or room to properly test the stuff. I had the CPU OC a bit maybe 200 from 2.2 to 2.4 gig That is not even close to pushing the cpu even close to its threshold. I have a friend that has a friend who owns a computer shop in West Seneca. Not sure if he would charge me to have computer looked at or not. I would rather save up the money and put it towad new MB if I need to. Fu@# I am so bummed now. This really sucks.

Video card works in Wifes computer. Don't think I should try and run CoH on it though its only a 1.3 gig P4 with 128 megs ram. My guess is something with the MB again. Could be a power issue. got 2 fans 2 harddrives and GPU on 12v rail. Was working fine like that before Christmas though. There is no way for me to try another PSU or the CPU and RAM in another board. have to go bidding on another home today. son needs to take a nap but he won't. The CD and dvd drives blink and the code on MB go between CF and FF. No video with any card though. this really sucks

Hey Hey I couldn't see when I cleared the cmos wit the jumper, I didn't put the jumper back correctly it was on only 1 of the pins. Now I get the error code 7F if I look in the back of the manual it reads;

1. switch back to text mode if full screen logo is supported.

- If errors occur, report errors & wait for keys

- If no errors occur or F1 key is pressed to continue

clear EPA or custimization logo.

I get no display at all though

Edited by Sacred

Static around the house can be a giant pain, from killing PCs, to just making them act wierd. Is your house/appt humidified? I notice our Rel Hum going down below 20%. Carpeted room where the pc is can just make it worse.

Go thru the usual, reseat vid card and ram, see if that helps. If still no go, reseat everything.

Also possible p/s has pooped out. As that I resested everything on mine, and only got 2 lights on my m/b, no fans, no beeps, or anything else. Tried another p/s and I was good.

Good luck!!

Disconnect video card, reset, set BIOS back to default. Untweak and/or set clocks back to defaults. I get that sometimes too between post and Windows screen. Mine is a direct result of OC'ing.

I f I shut power off completly to computer overnight the next day cmos defaults are loaded. had to go into bios and turn a few things off and reset the date board was wierd from the start.

Anyone have a Power supply I can borrow. I mean 1 that is not already in a compuiter. Also how can I test the voltage on my PSU. I don't have a voltage regulator. I have reset GPU and reset BIOS but I get nothing still. I never had an issue with a PSU before. Antec is a good name for PSU. Smartpower 2.0 450 watt is what I have. I will try reset all components when I get home. which will be about 12:30.

Anyone help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Sacred

Disconnect video card, reset, set BIOS back to default. Untweak and/or set clocks back to defaults. I get that sometimes too between post and Windows screen. Mine is a direct result of OC'ing.

I f I shut power off completly to computer overnight the next day cmos defaults are loaded. had to go into bios and turn a few things off and reset the date board was wierd from the start.

Anyone have a Power supply I can borrow. I mean 1 that is not already in a compuiter. Also how can I test the voltage on my PSU. I don't have a voltage regulator. I have reset GPU and reset BIOS but I get nothing still. I never had an issue with a PSU before. Antec is a good name for PSU. Smartpower 2.0 450 watt is what I have. I will try reset all components when I get home. which will be about 12:30.

Anyone help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I decided to take a look at the cx reviews on newegg of the Smartpower 2.0 450 watt psu. review after review people have had issues with it. Whether it is after a month or after a year the psu fails or the voltage starts to vary greatly. I always thought very highly of Antec PSU too.

I always got the Trupower series, smartpower didnt seem to have the ummf.

The question is if I get another PSU will the MB still be good. Will the system start to work.

See if you can try someone else's before buying one!!!

almost sounds like a bad cmos battery ... why its reseting its self... maybe

and cant tell from here, but what the rest says sounds right

thought about it check if there is anthing stuck behind the board like a screw or something shorting it

had a riser that screwer me up once while changeing boards sometimes its the little things

Edited by Conan4Life

almost sounds like a bad cmos battery ... why its reseting its self... maybe

and cant tell from here, but what the rest says sounds right

thought about it check if there is anthing stuck behind the board like a screw or something shorting it

had a riser that screwer me up once while changeing boards sometimes its the little things

will do that tomorrow morning.