Sapphire X1950 Pro Dual Spy Pics At CES

That is a BIG tall card!!!

Hmmm, 2 dual 1950 PROs cards with crossfire connectors on the top..... Not sure my 700w could handle it.... ;)

Nice.. Only thing I am not in aggerance about.

"Since traditional Radeon X1950 Pro configurations are setup with 256MB of on board memory"

As they do make 512Mb version of the 1950Pro's, seems like they just took 2 512's. Also can not find the article but CF is more like 3DFX's SLi, with it's interlacing and interconnect, then nVidia's SLi is and with the internal bridges can scale to as many cards as you have slots for, that is the reason for 2 bridges.

Nice.. Only thing I am not in aggerance about.

"Since traditional Radeon X1950 Pro configurations are setup with 256MB of on board memory"

As they do make 512Mb version of the 1950Pro's, seems like they just took 2 512's. Also can not find the article but CF is more like 3DFX's SLi, with it's interlacing and interconnect, then nVidia's SLi is and with the internal bridges can scale to as many cards as you have slots for, that is the reason for 2 bridges.

I think they are referring to the initial release/annoucement, which was just 256, although I think by the time they made it to the shelf, 512's were on their way.

Yeah, I recall seeing the same thing on the new CF bridges. Maybe now that there are some m/b's with three 16x pci-e slots are startingto appear, we'll see someone attempt Tri-card CrossFire!! ;)