Wii Launch

B.Ob.

Live from Nintendo's Wii launch in New York

"We're hanging out at Toys "R" Us Times Square this evening, getting all ready for a bazillion people to get their respective Wii on. As of 9PM the line is already mind boggling, but the word is Toys "R" Us is stocked with 5,000 7,000 of the dang things for the launch, so there are going to be a lot of people going home happy this evening. Keep watching this space for more of the action as it unfolds, and make sure to peep the pics after the break."

I'm now the proud owner of the Nintendo Wii, still don't care for the name but the system ROCKS.

I highly recommend getting this unit ASAP.

So far I have, besides the sports demo cd, Marvel Ultimate Alliance & Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. All the games are GREAT!!

Next on my list is Farcry Vengeance & Super Swing Golf.

After that, well, that depends upon when these games hit the market...

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Super Smash Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Heatseeker

Sonic & the Secret Rings

... and whatever else I find that I like.

Oh yeah, in terms of how easily it sets up... my Wii got online thru my wireless router w/o issue. The user interface is very easy to work with.

-- Nem

Yeah, GC games work on the Wii, but as far as I know they're not going to look any better. The Wii isn't that much better specs wise compared to the GC.

Still very interested in how a fps plays on the system. Nem, don't forget to get Redsteel. B)

Dragon

Yeah, I never saw anything saying that it up-samples legacy content, like the ps3 and 360 might do for older games.

Nemesis, remember, guns kill people...

Nintendo Wii BREAKS my TV

:rotfl:

I was practically in tears reading that thread. Have I had such issues w/ the Wii.. can't say that I have.

I won't be giving the Wii a good run thru in the FPS department till I snag Farcry Vengeance.

All I need now is for Dragon to grab a Wii & Farcry for it & we'll be all set!!

-- Nem