Machine Check exception Error

Sacred

Hmmmmm....

STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151) "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION"

CAUSE

This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected and reported an unrecoverable hardware error to Windows XP. To do this, the processor used the Machine Check Exception (MCE) feature of Pentium processors or the Machine Check Architecture (MCA) feature of some Pentium Pro processors. The following factors may cause this error message: • System bus errors

• Memory errors that may include parity or Error Correction Code (ECC) problems

• Cache errors in the processor or hardware

• Translation Lookaside Buffers (TLB) errors in the processor

• Other CPU-vendor specific detected hardware problems

• Vendor-specific detected hardware problems

BSOD and Machine check exception

Problem seems to vary in above thread, from bad sata port, bad sata cable, to changing the HD access type, or updating the m/b bios.

If using the 8500 does resolve it, another posibilty is the power supply can't give the video card enough power.

Problem seems to vary in above thread, from bad sata port, bad sata cable, to changing the HD access type, or updating the m/b bios.

So basically almost anything could cause that error.  glad I kept my old video card gonna swap that out and see how things go.

From what Bob posted it all seems to relate to a SATA issue. You are not over clocked at all are you? Some sata controllers have real issue with OCing or even aggressive memory timings.

Things seemed to be better once I opened the case. I was able to get into NHL 07 and play a few periods. with no problems.

Hmmm, it fears you now that you have direct eye contact with it. :(

Sounds like a heat issue if just opening the case helped.

Was there a program on the CD that came with the motherboard that can measure cpu and m/b temp? That would confirm thats the problem.