I tried telling you guys we need backup batteries on the routing hardware. It makes a big difference. Jau should remember how his switch and router stopped working from a momentary power glitch, made my battery pack beep for just a moment. Then he started plugging the switch into the pack whenever I was there. B)

I know that will take a few $$, you would need them all over the basement

I actually have the modem, router, switch, and the unix server box all on a 725 APC UPS for several months now. It does make a difference, but I suspect that incredibly cold weather had a hand in the loss of connection. Speaking of, another cold night ahead tonight.....

Although for everyone else having UPS' at the LAN party, they are on their own.

APC 350VA Back-UPS $44.00

42-101-124-05.JPG

OR

Belkin Home Office UPS 500VA $60.00

42-101-205-04.JPG

I have the Belkin @ home and it last about 15 mins with a 17" and the computer plugged in. Have used the APC for one of the places I used to work and they lasted about 10 mins. More then enuff time when the power goes out for a few.

My power is brown, so I need to regulate...

Some power supplies, or at least the Turbo-Cool series from PC Power & Cooling have built-in line conditioning. Of course, you pay for it, 425W is $135.20 each. But I must say, the 2 275W silencers I have rock!!!! I just can't afford them anymore... B)

Anyone else seeing slow posting times again? I've been getting hit w/ it all day so far.

-- Nem

I'm looking at it from work. I've been directly on the Unix box via telnet and FTP as well.

I think the only thing that is slow today is you B)

Oooh its been too long since I was able to take a pot shot at you :rolleyes:

I think the only thing that is slow today is you 

Oooh its been too long since I was able to take a pot shot at you 

Thanx Bratlady, I'm just feeling the LOVE now!!

Yea, you're right, it's been too long since U've taken a "pot shot" at me. Was it good for U?! :rolleyes:

As for the posting speed thing, it seems that Adelphia was the culprit while @ work cause I'm posting just fine now @ home. Gotta love that work environment thing.

-- Nem

Im running a 430W true power, works like a champ. I have a number of other devices plugged into the surge protector, so I need something to lessen the spikage.

I have the same p/s in my and bratlady's system. We don't have too many brown outs fortunately.... :rolleyes: