Teh Overclock...

ParoxysM

Antec TruePower 550

That should be good. Speaking of, I should have compared that p/s 12v output to the one I got. Oh well, eventually...

Ok, an update. I obtained an X1800 CrossFire master card and threw it in my system...the results:

3dmark06_xfire.jpg

By entering Crossfire-mode; I lose ALL my video overclock :( and drivers go back to default settings. So, Im going from 4619 to 7930 with the extra card...that's a decent boost. If I attempt to overclock the video by any means...the system either hangs, crashes or shows no signs of the increased speed. In fact, my 3dmark scores drop.

I played FEAR, SS2, Q4 and UT2K4 in Crossfire @ 1600x1200. At times it was jerky, but benching in-game proved to show much higher fps.

Worth the xtra $309 @ ZZF?? Not right now.

NICE!!!! :(

Shame you lost your OC thou.... maybe someone will make a program to make that happen.

ParoxysM, you see this?

ASUS A8R32-MVP: Taking the Overclocking Route via the 0404

"ASUS, along with assistance from ATI, spent the last couple of weeks working on a BIOS update that would further improve the board's compatibility with a broad range of memory types, CPUs, and memory controller revisions, but more importantly to the enthusiast, improved overclocking capabilities. The result of this work is the recently released BIOS 0404 that can be downloaded from ASUS' website. While there are not any new BIOS options or layout changes since the 0311 revision, significant work has progressed on the underlying core that has reportedly improved HTT overclocking levels and memory compatibility."

ParoxysM, you see this?

ASUS A8R32-MVP: Taking the Overclocking Route via the 0404

"ASUS, along with assistance from ATI, spent the last couple of weeks working on a BIOS update that would further improve the board's compatibility with a broad range of memory types, CPUs, and memory controller revisions, but more importantly to the enthusiast, improved overclocking capabilities. The result of this work is the recently released BIOS 0404 that can be downloaded from ASUS' website. While there are not any new BIOS options or layout changes since the 0311 revision, significant work has progressed on the underlying core that has reportedly improved HTT overclocking levels and memory compatibility."

I wish I had the time to surf like I had in the past...I only view 1/4 the sites every morning :(

Thanks for the link!!

• 1 month later...