Ut2k3 Server

B.Ob.

For those looking to play on the server, its been mostly down the past few days. I will be updating it in the next day or so with the latest 2186 patch and DEBonus pack (hopefully a couple new cool boards in there)

Any thoughts on style, dm, ctf, custom boards that you found that should be in the rotation?

Oh, for the ip, just see what wnygamersclub.com (at a command prompt type: ping wnygamersclub.com) resolves to. Currently it is: 24.49.215.118

Wow, the DM boards in the Digital Extreme Bonus pack rocks!!! DM-DE-Grendelkeep, DM-DE-Ironic and DM-DE-Osiris will definately be in the Deathmatch rotation!!!

Hey Nem, where can they pick (link) up with those Marvel Characters we've been using?

U wish for me to devulge the secret locations of these wonderful files I get for UT 2k3?!?! :blink: I guess I could since it is for the better of our ntac botherhood. I'll look up the links & post them ASAP. I haven't been keeping up w/ UT lately since getting a PS2, so now I guess I have to start getting back into the swing of things. I don't even have the latest patch yet. :ph34r:

-- Nem

OK, the files didn't take me very long to find. Here's the skinny on where to get some of the needed files for when connecting to the UT 2k3 server. Enjoy!!!

http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb/pafiledb....on=file&id=1458 <<-- That will get U the newest bonus pack

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=...d=3&modelid=176 <<-- That will get U both Marvel Comic skinpacks. U're gonna find 3 packs: Pack #2 is the latest. There's a rebuild of pack#1 as well, which I just downloaded since I only had the non-rebuilt one. So now I have all 3

Hope this helps!!!

-- Nem :ph34r:

I found this on Blue's News:

A recently posted BugTraq listing (thanks 3DGPU) outlines a vulnerability in Epic's Unreal engine that's susceptible to DoS, DDoS and bounce attacks with spoofed UDP packets. The report outlines the problem, which affects dozens of games from Unreal through UT2003, and describes how the author of the report held off on publicizing this for almost three months to give time for Epic to devise a fix. I contacted Epic's Mark Rein to ask about this and he was very frank about how this had indeed been brought to their attention, but had unfortunately fallen through the cracks. He sent along a list of changes for the next planned UT2003 patch which will now address these vulnerabilities, and says it's likely that a small patch will be issued to address these in the original version of Unreal Tournament as well. As for other games using the Unreal engine, he says that fixes like this are always made available to licensees, who will then be able to issue patches of their own should they so choose. Here is Mark's no-holds-barred assessment of why this went unaddressed after being brought to their attention:

I won't sugar coat this. We f***ed up on this. Yes this is real and yes this was brought to our attention and yes we should have fixed it by now. We are working on fixing this now and we will have this fixed in an upcoming patch before too long.

So, the server will be down, unless I'm home and playing on it, or I get a request for it.... Hopefully they'll get a new patch out quickly...

Once again a game has fallen victim to people that are in a hurry to rush something out that's "new & improved". I have the patch but haven't installed it yet either due to hearing reports of possible issues w/ it. Doesn't this sorta sound like a Microsoft thing? Release a new OS every couple years regardless of the current working state it's in?!

-- Nem :ph34r:

Apparently it is in ALL versions <see modifed post above> of the UT engine (even classic UT!!) As for comparing it to MS's rehashed stuff.... I never thought of Windows as a game... Perhaps that will make my computer funner to use... :ph34r:

http://www.unreality.dk/news/news_small.as...asp?Number=5575

permit me to rip some stuff from that: "...and we have an amazing bonus pack in the works with 3 new gametypes, a bunch of cool new maps and some really spectacular architectural content that we think mod and map makers are going to have some fun with including the "junkyard" set. ..... We're close to release a really spectacular UT2003-TV mod that will help competitions capture really great footage from the game. Plus the fine folks at 3Dbuzz.com are assembling a massive selection of Video Training Modules that teach mod makers and gamers alike how to build mods and new content for UT2003. They're scheduled to give live UT2003 content-building presentations for us at the upcoming Game Developers Conference as well...."

(( :ph34r: )) w00t!!

Sweetness :ph34r:

Just imagine me making stuff for ut 2k3, the world as we know it would never be the same, nor would any of U have any chance of beating me since I would make it so that I was invincible, not that I would need any help from that :blink:

-- Nem

p.s. -- Just kidding gang!!!

We'll just sick Jerry ;) on you.... I'm sure he'd know all your hiding spots.... What he misses, I'm sure I could clean up on.... B)

Perhaps I'll finally sit down long enough with the editor to make some maps now.... And you know I like hiding spots...

Sounding a bit sure of yourself there B.ob.?? *LOL* U know I have a nose for sniffin out campers, which Jerry will attest to since he does ALOT of that. As for the "Cleaning up thing", I often find myself doing that w/ U since U tend to get splattered when confronting me ;)

-- Nem

p.s. -- I can just imagine the can of whoop-ass I just opened with that little statement!!! Muhahahahaha

Well, perhaps I'll dig up a couple 1-on-1 boards for just you and me to square off in.... Then we'll see who kicks whos butt.... ;) Say, best out of 3?!

This may come as a surprise to some but I honestly don't care nor have any urges to see who the dominate player is anymore. I know Mr. Michaels will have a hard time swallowing that bit of news. I don't really play anymore expect when at lan parties and even then not for long, as I'm sure U'll recall. I guess I'm going thru a burnout for that peticular game, go figure B) Maybe when I come out of this depressed state I'll wanna smack ya around for a bit :-] My time is being better spent w/ my family, not to mention the ps2 ;)

Thanx for the invite though, I appreciate it.

-- Nem

p.s. -- Speaking of kids, they just climbed up into my lap & want to help daddy post messages, so I better go now!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

So whats the opinion on the new Epic Bonus Pack? (149Meg) (You need the 2199 patch already installed first!)

Invasion is pretty neat, kinda like Serious Sam. Also I hear that the original Alien vs Predator had a similar co-op based option.

People like Bucky will be interested to know that Land Man Standing is officially back in!!! Kinda neat that they call out the campers and they show up on your HUD!!!

I was playing the Double-DOM new board Junkyard (I dislike D-Dom) to see what the board was like as I recall the devs were quite excited about it!!! It sure was busy and junkyard-like...

Overall, I love what they added, although I can't make my mind up on Mutant thou.....