Halo v1.02 server

B.Ob.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the server down...I can ping but not connect.

Good question, probably not, although it was up when I left at 6:15pm. But I won't know til I get home at ~3:45am-ish. :(

*EDIT*

Greentime for me, I'll be home by 12:30....

Its back up!! Not sure if the system rebooted or if someone *cough* kids *cough*, shut it down. I gotta remember to lock that PC all the time..... :(

*EDIT*

Well, the system's been up for 7-days, so time to dust the mouse and keyboard.... :P

I still cant get on...I tried IP and servername :(

Yeah, there are strange issues on that machine when the head-cat is away.... *grrrr*

Although I'm here til 3:30... :P

Looks like the Halo server actually locked up.... Rebooted the machine and I took the rcon option out.... maybe that had an effect also. We will see.... Regardless, server is back up!!

Server still up and operational..... hopefully the gremlins wont get it tonight.... Been thinking about Adelphia Premier powerlink service. Even more upload.... could be a good thing!!

The Halo server lasted the night, but the Adelphia connection did not.... looks like it went down between 12 and 1am.... Came back up around 4-4:30 and our IP addy changed: 69.161.97.112

I was on the server until about 1am. Fun stuff until 6 people on, then it lagged to shyt. NEED T1!!

Yeah, a T1 would be nice!!! Still looking for that at some point, but not in the immediate future. A guy I know locally has a similar Halo server (although only runs it when he plays) and seems to support 6-7 before lag kicks in. And I know his machine isn't faster than my dedicated XP 2000+ with an Intel giga-bit nic, and he has the same powerlink speed I have currently. So, I finally bumped my Linksys v2 router to the current firmware 1.45.7, Jul 31 2003, and the Adelphia Premier powerlink will be put into motion tmrw. Essentially, the upload will double from 256 to 512kbps max, and the down will go from 3 to 4 Mbps.

I heard an sdk and servert toolkit will be included in the next patch.

That would awesome!!! They'll need that to keep Halo going as viable MP game!

You'd be set with 512 up

Thats what I'm thinking!! Although it looks like I asked for this at the wrong time, I'll probably be waiting at least a few days for this to happen.... but at least its in the works!!

ParoxysM, how has the server been the past couple days? Just curious if it seems better, as the traffic out seems better from this side of the router since I did the firmware update.