Halo v1.02 server

B.Ob.

I left after being tk sniped a few times. There were 5 people on at one point. I need to practice up, got killed too man times. I need to optimize the game on my system first. I only get 87fps on the timedemo.

Yeah, its difficult to get mad frame-rates no matter how awesome your system is. Perhaps if you can turn off all the shaders (DX9 stuff), it will run faster. BTW, how do you run the timedemo?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of command line parameters which can be seen by running:

C:\path to halo folder\halo.exe -help

The commandline I used to get my 87fps was:

C:\path...\halo.exe -nosound -use14 -timedemo

Using the -use14 disables the shaders. Just running with -timedemo will leave everything on as you have set in the game...whatever res, sound options, etc.

Cool beans, Thanks!! I'll have to try it....

Looks like I'll be upgrading the Halo server to 1.03 by the end of the weekend. Watch my sig for the change.

Halo Server is down for maintence.... (upgrading to v1.03)

Upgrade is complete!!

Did you applied the 1.031 fix to 1.03?? It seems to mess up more than fix B)

Someone else mentioned 1.031 to me, but the only thing I could find was 1.03 here. I was reading around and saw a few people had issues, but I saw the work-arounds also. I had no problems installing 1.03 on my or Mary's machine. :P

According to what I also read on many forums, Halo 1.03 should prompt you to download/update to 1.031. Mine wont even start anymore after the update. I get this box:

halo.jpg

I have over 1.5G combined virtual/physical memory available...and my CPU is clocked over 2GHz. Thx Microshaft.

Ok, I reapplied the patch and the 1.031 too. Works fine now. It was prompted to insert the cd (even though it was in there), so I downloaded/applied new 1.03 no-cd patch. Going on the server now...

Curious!! What build does it say for yours? Mine says: 01.00.03.0605

Unfortunately, the server looks empty at the moment :(

I have noticed that if you appy the patch and its already at that level, it scans for a newer version to install. Curious 1.031 is not available on their site directly.... Oh well, its still seems the same for me, laggy on indoor levels, fine for outside.

I have noticed that if you appy the patch and its already at that level, it scans for a newer version to install. Curious 1.031 is not available on their site directly.... Oh well, its still seems the same for me, laggy on indoor levels, fine for outside.

I guess I'll have to update my copy of Halo & try this server of yours. Where is the best place to the 1.03 patch & the 1.031 fix for the patch??

-- Nem

Download v1.03 here. If you run the haloupdater, you can also download it...and that's the only way to download 1.031 at the moment. I would read the forums on a couple halo sites before applying. Your install will most likely got b0rqed :(

Download v1.03 here. If you run the haloupdater, you can also download it...and that's the only way to download 1.031 at the moment. I would read the forums on a couple halo sites before applying. Your install will most likely got b0rqed :(

Thanx for the link. I'll install & see what happens.

-- Nem :P