BFMEII demo tmrw

B.Ob.

1400 MB - Links:

3dDownloads.com

3dGamers.com

WorthPlaying.com

ggMania.com

vgPro.com

"As promised, Electronic Arts has now released a playable demo for The Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle-Earth II, offering a chance to try out their imminent fantasy 3D real-time strategy sequel. This monstrous download contains the Goblins and Dwarves factions that can be deployed on the Withered Heath and Harlindon maps in tutorial and single-player skirmish modes."

REQUIRED SYSTEM SPEC:

- Microsoft® Windows® XP

- PC with 1.6 Ghz equivalent or higher processor

- 256 MB of system RAM

- 512 MB of system RAM for online play with 3 or more players

- 6 GB available hard disk space

- 64 MB GeForce3-class video card. The game only officially supports cards with ATI (Radeon 8500 or greater) and Nvidia chipsets, and the Intel GMA 900 and GMA 950 products. The GeForce 4 MX is not supported.

- Sound card with speakers or headphones

- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

- 56.6 Kbps or better modem for 1v1 online play

- Broadband connection for online play with 3 or more players

- DirectX 9.0c or above

Got it. Soooooo much better than the first one. The goblins have a character just for me too, Drogoth The Dragon Lord :evil: . I'm interested in the hero creator, should be good.

The 2 player maps that come with the demo are of pretty good size which is good. Both goblins and dwarves have mining shafts that you build to get resources. This mines have a % and radius to them. As long as you place them down in a spot with no obstructions in the radius, you'll get 100% efficiency out of them. Like in Empire Earth 2's houses, the mines are connected to your population, so the more you have the more pop you can have. So, you can see how the map can fill up quick. I'll grab a pic or 2 and post them to see what it looks like.

It runs pretty well on my 9800pro, everything on high but no aa or af. Even from the min specs for the game, its fair game on just about everyone's machine. B)

Dragon

Pics...

game2006-02-1015-06-06-01.jpg

Here's the radius thing. You can see the % go up as I moved the tunnel further out.

game2006-02-1015-11-03-59.jpg

game2006-02-1015-11-06-70.jpg

My new friend.

game2006-02-1016-22-49-37.jpg

Close-up of a cave troll

game2006-02-1016-54-02-93.jpg

Close-up of PurSuit's mom...er... a Mountain Gaint.

game2006-02-1016-53-31-62.jpg

Enjoy. B)

Dragon

This just in EA is retarded. Oh wait, that's not news. 6 cds for the normal release and dvd for the collector's edition. Couple extra mp maps, an extra character and some other unrelated game stuff. In the end, probably not worth it. Just in case anyone wanted to know. B)

Dragon

The Demo rocks, too bad they don't have the multiplayer option enabled for network play for the 2 maps U get access to. I can just imagine the wild screenshots Dragon & I would have of the 2 of us battling it out against each other.

-- Nem