bf1942 patch v1.5 info

Nemesis

Hey gang,

A new Patch for BF1942, v1.5 has recently been released. Naturally it would be very normal to go & grab it right away & start playing... DON'T!!!!

This beauty has some serious issues. Here's what I have encountered so far w/ it on 3 different PC's...

1) With it running as a dedicated server on my 3rd pc, myself & a friend were simply unable to connect to it. The loading bar status indictator would be almost done when the game simply crashes back to the desktop. This happens repeatedly no matter the amount of times I try.

2) Single Player mode now runs very choppy. One would normally associate the work "LAG" when having connection issues via a multiplayer game... this is all over the Single Player aspect now. Cutting down on what is rendered has absolutely no effect whatsoever.

3) I also noticed that the BOTS seem even less "intelligent" than before & often encountered them getting vehicles stuck in the dumbest of places. This is something that one would expect to see when playing against Wargasm :rolleyes: But it doesn't end there, on a number of occassions I came across opposing BOTS that were simply standing/laying down next to each other & taking no action.

I find it very odd that the developers of this newest Patch would let such things slip through. I was so hoping that this new Patch would address the issue of the game crashing @ random times when connecting to a multiplayer game. It's very frustrating to play a multiplayer game that has the tendacy to simply "crash" on you when simply trying to connect to a game in progress. I also found it annoying that when someone entered a board shortly after U that the game would kill U & then restart the board.

I do like the new skins that were put in for the player models & weapons/vehicles.

Hopefully these issues will be "properly" addressed in the next ver of the Patch, if there ever is one.

For the moment, I'm running bf1942 Patch v1.45 w/ the newest Desert Combat Mod v0.5L & they are getting along w/ each other very well.

-- Nem :rolleyes:

And Nem, your referencing the first time I played BF1942. NOw I've beaten the game on impossible.....so I guess you need me to teach you a lesson.

TOo bad it takes so long to get across the board, or I wouldnt let you get a weapon.....payback for the classic UT trials :rolleyes:

Bring it ON you Old Wardog!! I've been looking for someone else to wipe my boots on & U'll do just fine. I'm sure I can find a place for ya in my assault rifle scope OR w/ my C4, it really makes no difference to me :lol:

-- Nem :rolleyes:

YEpper....you already lost this one......my plugin that adds Nukes for my player only....hehe

I just saw a commercial for the new Medal of Honor (PS2 version) - looked like a scene from BF1942, right from Iwo Jima. Zero's attacking an aircraft carier.Looks like we're in for the software wars....just like the movie wars....IE - Dante's Peak vs Volcano, Deep Impact vs Armageddon, Matrix vs .........??? I dont know, maybe Terminator, man vs machine storyline :rolleyes: