Call of Duty

Havn't picked it up yet, but heard some good skuttle-butt on this at work. Dare I call it a BF replacement?! :rolleyes:

Sounds cool, though SS2 seems more fun in single player mode. It would be neat with drivable weapons. I was getting bold with the jeep in Halo.

So who's close enough to swipe PurSuit's disk, copy it, and return it without him knowing?

( we need to learn the game to take away his advantage)

Does it have Jeeps and Tanks?

Alright after finishing the game in single player mode and checking out the multiplayer options. Same parts are like SS2 w/ a cross of Area51 all in a wolfenstien setting. You only get to drive a Tank, unlike BF you can not get out your, suck in it for 4 missions. Rest of the time your walking or riding in cars or trucks. The Game is all setup to be like SS2 in mutiplayer mode, but when I check it had the same type of game play settings as UT2k. :rolleyes:

.... see if this game can live up to its hype.

All games live up to their hype!!! :rolleyes: *cough*

Romero Threatens to Make You His Bitch for his game (at the time) Daikatana.

"...Daikatana came out three years later in 2000 -- two game engines and a staff of about a hundred burned out employees later. By which time the pre-hyping was embarrassing ... and probably led to even harsher than necessary reviews of an admittedly mediocre game. Gamers felt insulted by the ad and lashed out at the final product with a vengeance."

Or none of them do. Remember Pong??

Multiplayer is like UT, or like SS2? I'm refering to functionality. UT has a much superior multiplayer engine when it comes to adjusting your game to work on the server. Auto d-loads maps, skins, models, voicepacks, etc. I dont remember that working with either SS release. YOu have to have the same maps, same plugins, same version for SS multi to work.

How does Call of Duty compare in that aspect? :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmm....guess I'll have to wait and see. Its a new game, so i dont think there are a lot of new maps and skins for it yet, that will take a month or 2 before there are any good skins & models.It would be nice to see the hardcore gamers of America go all out like we did with UT. I still cant believe just how many new skins, models and maps there are for UT. Still over a thousand public servers online.

We should try to agree on a specific team logo or uniform and aply it to our favorite models. Then maybe we could go team against team with some other gamer groups. Eventually, maybe it would become the new national sport.....as big as Football....LOL :lol:

or an olympic event. They've come up with some strange ones lately, though for aninternational contest, I think we would have an advantage....we have faster computers than a lot of other countries, and more in the homes. Maybe that wouldnt be a fair competition....unless we played Donkey Kong.

Hmmmmmmm....guess I'll have to wait and see. Its a new game, so i dont think there are a lot of new maps and skins for it yet, that will take a month or 2 before there are any good skins & models.It would be nice to see the hardcore gamers of America go all out like we did with UT. I still cant believe just how many new skins, models and maps there are for UT. Still over a thousand public servers online.

Well, UT is much more broad-based as far as what you can create for it with maps and skins, where BF, and other real-base games, it would be amusing, but not quite right to see an Alien skin, or have it take place on a space station.

We should try to agree on a specific team logo or uniform and aply it to our favorite models. Then maybe we could go team against team with some other gamer groups. Eventually, maybe it would become the new national sport.....as big as Football....LOL :lol:

or an olympic event. They've come up with some strange ones lately, though for aninternational contest, I think we would have an advantage....we have faster computers than a lot of other countries, and more in the homes. Maybe that wouldnt be a fair competition....unless we played Donkey Kong.

The Clan idea is interesting, but not sure we'd have enough people for a team.

Playing as a "Clan" has truly never appealed to me. I more or less play to have FUN when I can. When doing a Clan based thing, then you NEED to have set times & players & I just don't see that happening w/ our group anytime soon. Lan parties are one thing, clans are a whole different beasty all together.

-- Nem :lol:

"Clans" are fun...I've played many games with tons of different people. Coordinating according time zones with different schedules is brutal. As long as you have dedicated member (who have some skill) it works out well. We went undefeated in Quake was my original core players, but with newer games, we kinda split off in different directions. My next game was Tribes that we played for 2 months and everyone fell off but me who played competitively for another 2yrs on/off (Adelphagank kept changing my schedule).

Well, the Single Player Campaign for Call of Duty is pretty good so far. This game really stresses the "wisdom" of staying in cover 99% of the time. Multiplayer is pretty much the same. It's a shame that there's an "abundant" lack of vehicles to drive around in. I haven't come across any in SinglePlayer & Multiplayer mode yet & don't know if they even exsist. That is something I really enjoy in bf1942. Also, when U "die", U get to see a replay of how U died & by whom & where that person was. I believe it's called the Active Death Cam. It's sweet.

Something else that has me into this game is the speed at which it runs. This game boots really fast & loads the boards just as fast. The creators of bf1942 can really take some serious notes on that. The graphics are great as well. There's also this little icon on your HUD that tells U when U are standing, crouching & prone. This is nice b/c U can @ times forget what U are doing when the action starts to pickup. Your char also reloads very quickly as well. I did notice that the game is far more forgiving for damage taken when falling certain distances. U can actually step off a box & not get hurt doing it!! Yet ANOTHER note for bf1942 creators. Oh, throwing gernades is also a "blast" as well & fun to use to clean out rooms with, NOT that I would EVER do something like that B)

-- Nem