Barton 2500+ locked

B.Ob.

Me too. My XP2600 is unlocked. Did they only start locking the 2500's? Or did they get tired of replacing CPU's under warranty? I could fry my CPU easy with this Asus mobo, all frequencies are adjustable.

Still, I think you can probably unlock them with a pencil. Someone will figure it out if they havent already. Maybe a pencil lead refill. The pins are a lot closer together than on the socket 7's...not as bad as the new pentiume though :o

They just started locking the Barton 2500+'s apparently. I guess HardOCP is going to ask AMD on Monday (11/10) whats up with the multiplier locking. As apparently all the bridges still look the same! *stayed tuned*

I can boot fine and run desktop apps at 12 * 232 ~ 2784Mhz as soon as I hit anything graphical highest stable rate I can get is 11.5 * 202 ~ 2323Mhz

I want to see screenshots...that's a hugh difference between "stable" and boot.

If I put my same chip in an Epox board, I can oc much higher, but not that much. Im calling BS :o

I can boot fine and run desktop apps at 12 * 232 ~ 2784Mhz as soon as I hit anything graphical highest stable rate I can get is 11.5 * 202 ~ 2323Mhz

Ahhh, the peer pressure is enormous!! :o

I guess I'll have to see how high I can push the FSB on my DDR333 CL2.5 RAM.... (sorry, I will keep them the same! No asyncronous buses for me!) Which is an idea for you two if you truely want to push your Barton higher, I'm pretty sure the NF7-S has the FSB for the CPU and memory seperate.

PurSuiT, is the AGP/PCI bus locked at 66/33MHz?

• 4 weeks later...

I want to see screenshots...that's a hugh difference between "stable" and boot.

If I put my same chip in an Epox board, I can oc much higher, but not that much. Im calling BS B)

The October Bios update made it so that I could only select 2500+ or 3200+ and had to leave everything set auto. Flashed the bios last night to the November rev. and I am back to a stable 11.5 * 202, with no over volting.

WinMSD

winmsd.jpg

3dMark2003 - I realize that alot of ppl do not think of this a true benchmark any more, I just use it to make sure I can run all test with no system lockups.

3dmark03-2332Mhz.jpg