UT server (server.wnygamers.com) issues...

ParoxysM

The server doesn't rotate past the November map and when that one completes, it crashes me to the desktop. I was able to play all the other maps fine and Novemeber on other servers. Henry said he knows about this issue and would post the solution pertaining to the ini file.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The server doesn't rotate past the November map and when that one completes, it crashes me to the desktop. I was able to play all the other maps fine and Novemeber on other servers. Henry said he knows about this issue and would post the solution pertaining to the ini file.

Thanks for the info!! Yeah, it looks like the result of the next game in the rotation: CTF-Shadow. I try to switch it remotely to that board, and it stays at November, otherwise it changes fine. I'll wait for PurSuiT's post before taking that board out of the rotation.

Wow... I jumped on the server last night & played a board I haven't played in a long time, which was CTF 2Pryamids. I have to say that downloading those serverpackages of yours went alot faster than usual thanx to the increased upload speeds. Now I have to work on B.Ob. getting something different in there for skins/models :)

-- Nem

Do you have server stat logging enabled on there...I wondered how bad the bots were spanking me ;)

Unfortunately, I don't have stat logging on.... I hope the bots weren't taking it to ya too badly.... :D I don't recall leaving them on too high a skill level.... :)

Still waiting on PurSuiT with his magic spell.....

Henry is too lazy to post a solution...he said just remove the map from rotation :o

Geee, and I thought I was a slacker.... ;) No matter, the offending board/level is out of the rotation. That just leaves 4 maps in the rotation currently....

Kewl, it didn't crash :o

That gravity is brutal on 2 of the maps...I jump so high that the sky gibs me.

Yes, I've got JumpMatch on it, but not low-grav. I knew there was that problem on 2-Forts-lava, which I'd love to redo for UT2k3.... (being one of my favorite maps) What was the other map you were having that problem?

Kewl, it didn't crash :o

That gravity is brutal on 2 of the maps...I jump so high that the sky gibs me.

The CTF board called "2 Forts Lava" has a KILL ZONE if U jump to high. This is typically seen when U first walk out onto the upper ledge & then jump, U are Instant Toast. I'm not sure if that is part of the board or a glitch of somekind. The workaround for it is simply not to "jump" from the upper lvls, otherwise U'll be fine. I haven't stayed on long enough to encounter this "other" map that U are stating frags U as well when jumping to high.

As for the BOT skill lvl, I think he has them on either Experienced or Skilled, I'm just not sure.

B.O.b, has Pursuit given U that update code for making the maps not "Loop" on themselves yet?? I haven't stayed on long enough to see if November does the same thing to me yet, but I do recall this being an issue in the past.

-- Nem

November actually changed to another map last night :o

The low gravity messes up on a couple maps 'cause you cant get into places you would normally jump or get waaaaay up in the ceiling. Hall of Giants gravity is kewl sometimes, but not that high.

Anyone know offhand how to drop artifacts?? I could probably look it up...

Anyone know offhand how to drop artifacts?? I could probably look it up...

I had to go in and bind a key for it, as it was empty on mine. Its near the bottom of Prefs->Controls.

B.O.b, has Pursuit given U that update code for making the maps not "Loop" on themselves yet?? I haven't stayed on long enough to see if November does the same thing to me yet, but I do recall this being an issue in the past.

Nada.... see below.

Henry is too lazy to post a solution...he said just remove the map from rotation

It was working ok last night...someone connected at 10:30, but their ping was 1734, so they disconnected :o

Hmmm, that could have been Wargasm, as I've seen have issues from his DSL connection before. How was your ping?