Battlefield 1942 1.5 Patch/philippines Island Map

Wow, that just come out today or yesterday?! As I thought I saw something a day or two ago that they were still beta-testing it....

I grabbed the new bf1942 v1.5 patch but haven't tried it yet. I also grabbed the newest ut2003 patch 2225 & the latest bonus pack for it as well, haven't tried them yet either. All this time I've been running patch ver 2199 & never knew about the new one till recently :) I'll let U know how well they run ASAP.

-- Nem

Details on the v1.5 patch:

CLIENT FIXES

No more swapping CD's. (w00t!!) Any installed Battlefield 1942 expansion pack or community mod can be played using any Battlefield CD.

Fixed an issue that would cause severe lag when going from a vehicle ladder directly into a vehicle position. This was especially prevalent with the MG positions on Destroyers.

Fixed Omaha Beach ammobox-bunker exploit.

NEW FEATURES

New map - Invasion of the Philippines, complete with all new Patrol Boats.

A new US Marines skin replaces the USA army skin in the Pacific theatre.

US Marines Engineer is equipped with the M1 Garand.

Japanese Engineer has been retrofitted with the Type 5 semi-automatic rifle.

Kubelwagen replaced with the Black Medal Scout Car for the Japanese forces.

Hanomag replaced with the Ho Ha APC for the Japanese forces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, Nem, yeah.... UT2k3 patch v2225 has been out for a while!! Apr 22, 2003 to be precise! Check here if your from Missouri :) Also, if you want something kinda new for UT2k3, check out my post in the New Release area here.

Sounds cool. Cant wait to try it. Too bad one of you guys with cable hasnt setup an FTP for us to d-load these toys. Something to think about for those of us not running a game server. DOnt want to share the upload bandwidth, would increase the lag.

well I'm off to Bobs UT server, havent tried it since they increased the upload. :D:)

Sounds cool. Cant wait to try it. Too bad one of you guys with cable hasnt setup an FTP for us to d-load these toys. Something to think about for those of us not running a game server. DOnt want to share the upload bandwidth, would increase the lag.

Most of the patches are available from sites that can easily out-match our puny 256 upload.... Would you rather download it from a gamer site at 100+KBps or from one of us at 26(max)KBps?

See you on the UT server!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Cant seem to connect to Bobs UT server lately. Is it still up? IP I have is 24.49.84.115.

Check my sig..... its updated and current!!