Nvidia 6800?

ok, well im planning on buying a nvidia 6800 video card very soon, and i was wondering if it would support Battle Field 2, with all high settings? and Im planning on getting F.E.A.R. when it comes out to, and i already have doom 3 and HL2, will the 6800 run all these games smoothly with no lag? thx ^_^

WELCOME!!

I wouldn't see why not, seeing a plain 6800 is a 12 pixel pipe card clocked at 325MHz. I have a 9800 PRO 128 that runs BF2 fine at 1024x768 with almost everything on High (not sure if there is a yet higher setting) Although I suppose your CPU and/or memory could be holding you back. I have AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ (clocked to 2.1GHz) with 1.5 Gigs of ram (although 1 gig is fine if you don't run lots of junk in the backround like I do)

GeForce 6800 specs

ATI 9800 PRO 128 specs

The F.E.A.R. demo asks for a more powerful 256meg video card and 2 gigs of ram to run everything at high settings. As for the older games, you'll be set there no problem!!

6800 gt agp runs the graphics in my pc wonderfully, i just get physics lag because of mny 333mhz back bone -- and there is prolly something still wrong with it... but any who

amd 3000 and 2700 ram

bf2 doesnt need alot per all the reviews i seen just cuts back onthe draw distance and the demo ran fine, with the right drivers ... some of the ye ole 1942 tricks still worked

but if you got it the pcie should be a bit faster card even tho most games hardly fill a 2X agp bus

• 2 weeks later...

I run BF2 on my 6800 gt with 1152x752@75hz with the highest settings on everything except shadows cuase the diffrence between low shadowing and High is not that much of a diffrence to me but has major fps inprovments on most cards. I also run Antislaising 2x I get like 70-100 fps non stop I have to manualy up the fps cap if I wanted to get higher fps but I dont think its neceessary. Anything around 75 im happy. Of course I also have 2gb 2-3-2-5-1T dualchanel and a 3700+ Sandiego.

BF2 doesnt use much more than a gig of ram I htink they got it locked in the codeing cuase with windows and bf2 running and a few other apps I have only 1.4GB ram used but still have about a 2-300MB Page file going.