XBOX 360 Price Reported...

ParoxysM

This is interesting news, but I wouldn't put to much behind it yet since nothing "official" has been released by MS @ this time. When last I heard, current best "guesses" for the PS3 were @ $399. If MS does indeed hold true @ $299, Sony better get their collective butts in gear & sell theirs for the same or they will find out just how difficult it'll be to sell their NexGen console regardless of how much "more" powerful it'll be compared to the Xbox 360. I honestly can't say that I'm surprised by the hike in pricing for the games w/ all this new tech being used to make them.

-- Nem

From what I've been hearing even if the PS3 were to retail @$399 sony would be losing over $100 per console and estimated to lose over 1 billion dollars in the first year year alone. While Microsoft is a big enough company to afford a lost like that Sony is not and could really hurt the company big time. You figure a blu-ray player alone is suppose to cost $500 plus add all the other goodies a PS3 is suppose to have I'm not even sure if they would be able to sell the PS3 for $399 more like $499 and they would still lose money. I don't know!?! Be interesting to see what happens but I think microsoft is set up to win the battle this time around, You figure they have square on board this time around plus full support from every other publisher under the sun. Plus at least a 5-6 month head start over sony and also a known and proven online service with xbox live. I another big hint for me was E3 expo 90% of the stuff shown for the PS3 was pre-rendered stuff where 90-95% for the xbox 360 was running real time and alot of it was playable on the floor with alpha kits which were only about 50-60% of the power of the final xbox 360 hardware. Like I said i'm not sure who's gonna win this round but my money is on microsoft.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dvhardware.net/article6456.html

Ok now it's more official, $299 for basic system which includes ......

# Xbox 360 console. As with the premium edition, three powerful core processors pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.

# Xbox 360 Controller. This wired controller features an extended nine-foot cable and a comfortable, enhanced ergonomic design.

# Xbox 360 Faceplate. Like no other console before, the Xbox 360 console allows customization and a removable Faceplate that comes in stylish "chill" (white), which can be swapped out with other custom Faceplates to reflect gamers' personalities or decor.

# Xbox 360 Standard AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360, delivering great next-generation graphics and games using standard-definition connections.

$399 for premium edition that includes......

# Xbox 360 console. Sexy styling that packs a punch — three powerful core processors are poised to pump out 720p/1080i output, 16x9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound and DVD playback right out of the box.

# Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB). 20 GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from Xbox Live Marketplace.

# Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming features the Xbox Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30 feet and 30 hours of life on two AA batteries.

# Xbox 360 Faceplate. The removable Faceplate comes in stylish "chill" (white) and can be swapped out with custom Faceplates to reflect gamers' personalities or decor.

# Xbox 360 Headset. This lets gamers strategize with teammates or trash-talk opponents while playing games on Xbox Live.

# Xbox 360 Component HD-AV Cable. This connects gamers to the world of Xbox 360 games and graphics through high-definition and standard-definition connections.

# Xbox Live Silver membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, send and receive voice and text messages, and access new content from Xbox Live Marketplace demos such as trailers and casual games from Xbox Live Arcade.

# A bonus Media Remote: Included for a limited time, the integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as access their Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC's controls with a single remote.