Halflife 2 Code Leaked

"Ever have one of those weeks? This has just not been the best couple of days for me or for Valve.

Yes, the source code that has been posted is the HL-2 source code.....

What I'd appreciate is the assistance of the community in tracking this down. I have a special email address for people to send information to, helpvalve@valvesoftware.com. If you have information about the denial of service attacks or the infiltration of our network, please send the details. There are some pretty obvious places to start with the posts and records in IRC, so if you can point us in the right direction, that would be great....

We at Valve have always thought of ourselves as being part of a community, and I can't imagine a better group of people to help us take care of these problems than this community."

Full story here

You knew this was coming:

"A third of the source code was stolen. It's serious because it forces us to delay the launch of the game by at least four months, that is to April 2004. Just the time to rewrite parts of the game,"

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?t...storyID=3568878

Then your wish is granted, grasshopper.

I dont think it was hacked, had to be an inside job. I'm wondering if it was stolen completely, and they have to rewrite it, otherwise there shouldnt be any delays. Stealing software is like taking a picture of Niagara Falls....all the pics that have been taken, and the falls are still there :ph34r: NOw if the info was wiped of the drive, it may not necessarily have also been stolen, could have been the new guy on the keyboard...."Hey, what does this do???......NO, DONT CLICK THAT>>>>too late.

It really sounds more like an inside job than it does a "Hack" from the outside. A game that is so close to release & sought after wouldn't be left THAT open for an attack from the outside.

Who knows, maybe some good will come of this & the game will NOW be better than b4. I'm all for that!!!

-- Nem :ph34r: