Star Wars: Republic Commando

B.Ob.

Star Wars: Republic Commando - Final thoughts...

"After starting in, you'll begin to see that Republic Commando is stacked with character. In fact, each member of Delta Squad has his own personality. While they're part of the clone army, they're often referred to by other clones as "deluxe models" due to their higher training that not only gives them more skills but also unique traits that complement each other in a team unit. Because they're so functional together, they're given all of the nasty jobs that the normal clones would die trying.

For the most part, I can dig this change in the clone philosophy. It kind of makes sense. A group of four that acts as a clone Voltron (minus the attaching themselves to each other) is a cool idea. Each of them has a specialty such as demolitions or hacking (though I'll get into that more in a second) and a distinct personality. One is a goofball, the other is the hunter-killer type with a dark (yet personable and fun) demeanor. For the most part, the team dynamic works in both mechanics and in execution. The problem I have is that if they're brought up in the same environment for the most part, why is it they don't have New Zealand accents like the rest of the clones and the main character? That bugs me. They could still have personality and all share the same accent."