Audigy4 Pro

Audigy4 Pro

"A Dramatic Breakthrough in Audio Quality for Playback, Games and Creation

Sound Blaster® Audigy® 4 Pro is an amazing fusion of Entertainment and Music Creation. Featuring ultra-high quality DACs and an External I/O Hub which provides 6 Stereo Inputs/6 Stereo Outputs, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro enables amazingly clean recording of six channels at 24-bit/96kHz with low latency ASIO 2.0 support.

Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro also comes with the all new Entertainment Center software and remote control unit, transforming your PC into an Entertainment Center with easy MP3 and movies playback and navigation.

Incredible 113dB SNR 24-bit/192kHz DACs for superior 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ audio

Entertainment Center Software and IR Remote allows easy navigation through your movies, music and pictures

EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ Effects that are so real, you will feel like you are in the game

External I/O Hub allows you to connect all your music devices at one time for studio quality audio creation

Smart Recorder allows you to schedule audio recordings and remove unwanted audio artifacts"

Woah... 113 db SNR is nuts for a PC sound card!!! Will still probably get some background noise though unless you got a line conditioner.

Bah, this with the ATI all-in-wonder, now I'll need two remotes for my friggin' PC... it will go great along with my other 8 remotes for my TV / stereo / DVD / PS2 / CD-player / VCR / cable box (my tv has two remotes, and so does my stereo)

Dammit I'll need a whole separate drawer for just remotes wtf

B)

Anyone have an Audigy try these:

kX Project

"The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards manufactured by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or E-mu Systems Inc., including the SoundBlaster Live! series, the E-mu Audio Production Studio (APS) card, and the Audigy / Audigy2 series of cards. (Full List)."

noteing for multi-media pc....

wonder what would be the best 7.1 speaker system to get with it for a home theater... ummm

i try the kX with my soundblaster, hopefully thoes drivers are more stable than creative's under win xp, ill have to try them on my next format cycle, and upgrade, tax season needs to hurry it self up

Thats a LOT of speakers place around you!! I almost didn't get my Logitech Z680's cause I didn't want bother with a center speaker. Plus the Logitech's are $130 cheaper, assuming you grab the $50 rebate on the Creative's!! B) Thats what, an extra 160Gig HD now-a-days, or a 250Gig HD if your a slacker about rebates, like me.