Plextor PX-716A

Plextor PX-716A announced 2 days ago!! It supports 4X DVD+R DL out of the box!!

Plextor PX-716A to support Double Layer -R format!

"According to sources, the announced Plextor PX-716A planned to support DVD-R DL recording format at December with firmware upgrade...

The exact details are not yet known, the announced 8X DVD+RW writing also will adopted with firmware upgrade, since 8X DVD+RW media are not yet sold at the market... "

While I'm posting this, anyone have a preference for +R or -R discs? (more compatible, etc)

• 4 months later...

For all the junk I get for being a Plextor home-boy..... :D

Firmware upgrade: CHECK IT!

- Add support for 6x writing on DVD+R DL (double layer) media

With this on their News Page:

"The firmware upgrade will be available in two releases. Release 1.04 is available today on Plextor’s website http://www.plextor.com. This firmware supports 2X DVD-R DL and 6X DVD+R DL on 8.5 GB DVD DL media, along with 8X DVD+RW and 16X DVD±R on recommended single-layer DVD media with Plextor’s AUTOSTRATEGY® recording optimization feature. Release 1.05, available March 31, 2005, supports 6X DVD-R on DL DVD media."

"According to sources, the announced Plextor PX-716A planned to support DVD-R DL recording format at December with firmware upgrade...

The exact details are not yet known, the announced 8X DVD+RW writing also will adopted with firmware upgrade, since 8X DVD+RW media are not yet sold at the market... "

While I'm posting this, anyone have a preference for +R or -R discs? (more compatible, etc)

Enough talk already & just buy it!!!

And 2 think that I ended up getting a DL DVD Burner b4 U did.... :D

-- Nem

-- Nem

Having 3 game worthy PCs and a game server does come at some cost!!!

It's still an IDE drive though. Plextor is slackin' now.

.... I have the best luck with DVD-R discs

-- Nem

Having 3 game worthy PCs and a game server does come at some cost!!!

Excuses, excuses.... :bump:

-- Nem