So When Is The Next Lan Party?!

Saturday May 24th seems to be the day for my next one.... Still checking a couple things before making it official.... but that will be worked out by tmrw.... :rolleyes:

Hmmm... still no word on the upcoming lan affair @ B.Ob.'s place. Maybe work is starting to get to him now. Ah, more than likely it's his Older than OLD age of his :rolleyes:

-- Nem

May's LAN Party Extravaganza

Saturday May 24th starting at 2pm

All kind of mad annoucements floating around here lately, UT2k4, Duke3D (ported to windows), Halflife2, etc. Most have to do with E3 being around the corner.

For UT2k3, you'd definately want to pick the 2155 patch and bright skins mod... if you like the classic UT feeling. Now if I can just get a couple boards ported up to ut2k3.... :rolleyes:

FYI: I'll be taking all comers in Dukematch for Duke3D, Come Get Some!!!!

There will be the usual pop, chips & beer! With pizza and wings to follow ...

If you let me know your coming, I'll guarantee you a spot!!!

Hope to see you there!!!

B.Ob.

4630 Goodrich #2

Clarence, NY 14031

759-7278

AIM: bobster884

Yahoo: bdotobdot@yahoo.com

MSN IM: bdotobdot@hotmail.com

Directions: Take the 90 and get off at Transit Road (.15 cent toll). Take a left at the light onto Transit (going north). Take that to Main St (becomes 3 lanes each way at that point). Take a right onto Main St. and take that to the fifth light (just past Gary Pools). Make a left there (can only go left), that is Goodrich. Keep sharp (the mail box isn't well marked), we are the fourth driveway (right by the fire hydrant) on the left... Plenty of lawn parking... Any questions, give a call.

(corrected for content)

"It's time to kickass & chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum"!!

That is one of my favorite lines from Duke3D

Hmmm... a Dukefest, sounds intriguing.

I should be able to attend though I'm not sure as of yet.

I'll take my normal spot if it's still open.

-- Nem

*D'oh* :rolleyes:

It has been corrected for content....

Hmmm, I doubt I could get both days off, but I can try.... but we can still have the memorial day/weekend party!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see....I should be getting my motherboard in next Wednesday, then I'll pop it in, and send up the lightning rod and give life to ........ THE BEAST. Then I'll show you people what the DOOM III demo is REALLY SUPPOSED to look like.....FULL SCREEN! ...... and NO STUTTERING! (hopefully)

MUUUUAAAAAHHAAAAAHHAAAAAAHHAAAAAAHHAAAAAA!

See ya there!

Gix

Looks like we've got 9 confirmed for the LAN party currently... which is now just 4 days away!!!

For those that don't get around much, go to fileplanet.com and head to the Halflife2 area, they have a new ~600Meg file on the Halflife 2 Gameplay video from E3... Definately worth the download!!!!

Can't wait for this one!!!! ((:P))

Remember my Duke3D challenge.... Any board you like, although I've only been playing the Hollywood Holocast level.

I am in.

FYI:

Now that Pursuit has had his March Madness Lan party, who's going to be BRAVE enough to have the next one?! 

-- Nem 

It was April :)

I see that signs of my old age are becoming increasing harder to hide ;-) Thanx for the "correction" Pursuit, I feel better already having had that pointed out :(

This Half-Life 2 game is definitely shaping up to be THE game to be reckoned with, this beastie looks totally amazing. I'm so glad that they have finally gotten interactive environments in games, now there's NO telling where death may be coming from!!! Muhahahahahahaha

Unreal Torunament 2004 looks to be following the path of Halo 2 in terms of having vehicles to play with now, which is very cool. Don't know how the "interactive environment" thing will be w/ that game, but here's hoping!!!

Halo 2 still remains the ONLY game that has me intrigued w/ the Xbox, but that's NOT yet enough for me to want to buy that console. At least now the PC will be getting Halo out on it, of course more or less tweaked for the PC, so that should be an interesting adventure. Now we PC gamers get to see what all the hype will be regarding this Halo game & hopefully it'll be well worth it. We'll see very soon.

Doom3 looks like another stellar game though it WILL be hurting from the lack of multiplayer. I don't care what Carmack says about his reasons WHY he did it, that is just poor game concept. This very age we live in is highly focused on the "multiplayer" aspect & to not including it just to be "different" is very tacky, at least to me. Look @ things this way... Unreal2 was a very cool Single player game, but nothing more. As soon as U beat the game, the drawback to it was very low. It could've been kept alive far longer if it had multiplayer support, but someone "felt" that it wasn't a necessary part of the game. Now the game suffers for it.

Games like Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003, Serious Sam 2, Jedi Knights 2 & Aliens vs Predator 2 all still thrive today. Why? They all HAVE Single player AND Multiplayer Modes to them, making the gameplay a truly enjoyable experience each time they're played.

OK, I've ranted & raved enough for now. I'll step back into my little dark corner of the forum for now :P

-- Nem

Yeah, I'm glad to see the 5900 Ultra, they finally did it right!! :P

Hmmm, Imagine Doom3 and Halflife 2 running on a 3+GHz P4 with that card, ohhhh ahhh, so SMOOTH..... :(

It hurts to say this, but that geforce fx 5900 Ultra is WAY F'ing COOL!!! I wouldn't be opposed to that little beastie running in my system, though the asking price for it will probably rival the cost of my PC!!! :P

Ahhh... but I can dream!!

-- Nem