UnWheel: driving in UT2k3/4

UnWheel Beta 3.0

"UnWheel is a driving modification for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 with a focus on fun driving.

Rather than just racing, many different vehicle-based gametypes are on offer, giving the player an assortment of different styles of play and environments in which to drive.

Along with this wide range of modes of play, UnWheel features every type of four-wheeled vehicle you could think of, from sports and rally cars, to monster trucks and massive mining trucks. Each vehicle can be customised to suit the driving envinronment or your driving style."

---

"A wide range of gametypes:

* Race

Classic lap-based racing

* Capture the Flag

Players compete to return the flag to a central location on the map

* Roamer

'Open-ended' freestyle driving where players try to score by driving over random scoreing points

* K-Ball

Get the giant beach-ball into the goal to score

* Rabbit

Players compete for possesion of the flag in order to score

* King of the Hill

Dominate an area of the map for as long as possible to gain points "

I tried it & I'm not that impressed w/ it @ this time. The concept is cool BUT there's still some "bugs" that need hammering out b4 this will be any sort of draw for UT players. I found myself on a # of occassions simply passing thru what I thought were supposed to be solid objects. I also found it quite easy to get the vehicle stuck on corners of objects.

Sorry ParoxysM, no "Flak Cannons" for U to use yet. Feel FREE to make a mod that ads them if U like ;)

-- Nem

I havent launch UT2K4 in a month :cheer:

*gasp* Kicked the habit have we?! B)