WTB Dual Core box.

irons

It's sad that we need a dual core just for web browsing these days. You should be able to get away with what your using if you try some different internet browsing clients. Google crome is actually a really cool browser. freash OS install always helps here too with some new T.I.M. to keep the processor cool.

If your not already keep your eyes on old gaming machines on craigslist. I have seen a few dual cores for cheap on there. I have even tempted to get one just as a backup machine.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/sys/1899350538.html

Edited by scaz

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad that we need a dual core just for web browsing these days. You should be able to get away with what your using if you try some different internet browsing clients. Google crome is actually a really cool browser. freash OS install always helps here too with some new T.I.M. to keep the processor cool.

If your not already keep your eyes on old gaming machines on craigslist. I have seen a few dual cores for cheap on there. I have even tempted to get one just as a backup machine.

I think the is issue is the 768 RAM and old 60G HD. For the price of new ram and HD, I'm 1/2 way to a used PC. Dual core is looking ahead through the next 5 years. Yeah, I'm watching CL, just not getting the phone/email out fast enough. Using the RSS feed which is about 24hr behind.

I think the is issue is the 768 RAM and old 60G HD. For the price of new ram and HD, I'm 1/2 way to a used PC. Dual core is looking ahead through the next 5 years. Yeah, I'm watching CL, just not getting the phone/email out fast enough. Using the RSS feed which is about 24hr behind.

Thats nuts. Well I know my little brother has a dual core athlon 64 computer that was kepping around as a spare. What do you think is a going price on that. He only had a crt monitor for it, but it sounds like you might have that already. it was in a lan boy antec case and had a ati x1600 ish card i think.