Cyberjocks Lan Party Building

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. They're not finished and open yet, but it looks AWSOME so far. They have like 45 or something computers already hooked up to their network and games already loaded, and they have space for people to bring their own computers, and XBOX people as well. And they have a room where you can hook your gear up to a WALL size projection system and 5.1 surround. I went over to the building and checked it out, and I'm excited about it all. Here's a link to their homepage and a link to some pictures in their forum:

http://www.cyberjocks.com/

http://www.cyberjocks.com/msgboard/viewtop...c.php?p=835#835

They are actually BETA testing their systems tonight starting at 7pm, if anyone wants to go by and check it out. It's on Sheridan, East of Niag Blvd, on the right. It is pretty sweet!

Hey Bob, I was thinking that we could have some really big LAN parties there. I know that you said that your mailing list is too many people to fit at the house, and you were thinking of renting a Hall or something. This may be a descent alternative to that. Just a suggestion.

Gix

Wow, definately looks pretty cool!!!! I'll definately have to stop by and check it out...

Cat6 cabling, are they kidding?! Cat5 or 5e can run giga-bit, but whatever... looks like they are all about high-end stuff, no complaints here!! :o

B.Ob.

That's funny! Alan and I talked to the owner and some of the dudes working there, and they said that they have people coming in all the time saying that they wanted to open a place just like it, but they never did. Oh well, I'm just glad that someone did it, and I can't wait to enter my new PC in the Mod contest they're having in the near future.

Gix

I'm sure there are MANY people that had the same idea... We were pretty serious about it actually, but never-the-less... Its done by someone and out there, so we can see how they do....

It certainly would be fun, but they have some hurdles to overcome to get some steady income... I'll be VERY intertested to see how they do!!

• 1 month later...

This cyberjocks could be the thing to watch & learn from since we have an interest in doing something similar as well. I imagine Clarence could use a place like that if not somewhere else in the surrounding area of Tonawanda. I plan on chking out Cyberjocks myself very soon. This is rather humorous since I live like 5 min's from that place & haven't stopped by it yet!! :o

-- Nem

Yes, I'd be curious to hear your opinion... I've heard both good and bad.....

It will take more than a few PCs hooked up on a dance floor to impress you.... :o