Bioshock 2 Demo

Where is the Bioshock 2 demo? Do devs not release demos of their games anymore? How will I know if it is any good?

To be honest, I'm sure it will be at least as good as the first. I never thought that the first one was nearly as amazing as everyone thought, but it was a decent ride. However, I can no longer buy a PC based on hype or its previous iterations.

Take FEAR 2 for example. I love the first one, still whip it out for a run through the single player occasionally. I downloaded the demo for the second and couldn't stand it. It felt all wrong. The guns, the pacing, the AI--it was all dumbed down, slow, and felt weird. I can't describe it really--but the way you move, shoot, and the feel of guns is absolutely key for FPS games. They missed it. It felt like a rough port from the 360.

Don't get me wrong, I have a 360, and it is fun for what it is--great for media center extender/zune/netflix/racing games/sims--but I'd never play any serious shooters on there.

So now I am always wary of buying a PC game before playing the demo--because it could be a totally rough port.

Sign. Anyway--anybody bought bioshock 2? does it "feel" right? not a port?

I totally understand what you're saying about how games "feel". The new Aliens vs Predator has a demo. I grabbed that and played a bit. Its total shite. Mechanics feel horrible - very much feels like a port.

A game that I wanted a demo for was MW2, but they didnt make it. The game was okay. Very good elements were all the new toys. Poor elements were the lack of some game modes and IWNet matchmaking. Not having dedicated servers, not being able to choose where you play, and having IWNet ALWAYS choose where you play, has got to be the crappiest thing ever. If I had a try at a demo I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

CoD4 is a more stable and consistent gaming experience.

A game that has a ton of potential buts scaring me a little so far is Bad Company 2. The beta is really cruddy atm. I know of course its beta, but its terribly buggy. Even on a decent machine it runs like poop. I pre-ordered it but I'm half wondering if I should wait to see if they do a cleaner demo before actually committing and picking up my copy.

For me a lot of the new games I've tried over the last year just havent felt good, or were disappointing compared to their earlier versions.

also downloading a 2 -8 gig for a demo for some people takes a while and paying for server space and bandwith sometime can be costly

think of the kid that hosted counterstrike 1.2? installer and crashed their isp!

Edited by Conan4Life

I don't think that's a great argument against demos. Most I've seen are under a gig, or at most under 2. Even the cheapest ISP option is 10Mb/s.

Besides, that's a huge form of advertising that I bet is cheaper then inundating websites with ads that nobody sees (adblocker). For example, just on gamespot, bioshock 1 demo has been downloaded 136,000 times. That's got to translate into sales.

I'm sure there are other PC gamers hesitant to pull the trigger on a multi-platform game for the same reasons as me.

yes cause they suffer fom consoleolis, and that number doesnt mean sales, leave britany alone by chris crockr via myspace video been watched 3,572,526 times doesnt mean people like him...

and incase you want to add to that number http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=17979243

Edited by Conan4Life