Since Circus City is closing, I stopped in there.

CDs and DVDs are 20% of except new releases, those are 10%.

Console games all looked to be 10% but all I looked at were the Sexbox games. Rock Band and GH were 20%

I Didn't look at TVs or anything like that so I'm not sure how much off those things are.

I figure when someone stops in there, they can post here if the % dropped. That way all of us will know and won't have to go there just to see if it did. :P

DRagon

The question is - is it circuit city doing the closeout or a 3rd party doing it.

They are probably going to be closed out by one of those "Close Out Companies". They play the reducing discount game with inflated prices and sometimes bring in 'out of store' items to unload to boot. I read a pretty good article on them a little while ago. Had no idea there was an industry that preyed on the "going out of business" mentality.

My friend is management at one of the locations. The liquidators came in, raised the prices 25% and announced saving upto 30% off. The first 6 hours of the "sale" his store sold 35K in TVs. People are dumb...

My friend is management at one of the locations. The liquidators came in, raised the prices 25% and announced saving upto 30% off. The first 6 hours of the "sale" his store sold 35K in TVs. People are dumb...

Wow...just wow, lol. That kind of stuff just boggles the mind. And honestly that kind of stuff goes down on eBay every day, lol - which has blown my mind for years :(

The media play did eventually have deals but it was like a timing thing. You had get there just when they were doing the final markdowns and hope that there was something of modest value left. I was peeking in and out of the 2 of the local stores for a couple weeks. They finally had pricing that was a "good" deal but by then people had bought everything good. There was only a handful of minor things I was interested in at that point.

I have almost no excitement or interest in the "going out of business" events anymore. If its anything like the recent ones they draw it out for weeks...

Oh and also its ALL final sale no returns even if defective completely broken :P ... for 5% savings...ROFL !!!

Edited by WarSpartan

I'm not surprised. I stopped shopping at Guitar Center because they advertise sales but they're nothing short of BS. They would advertise a guitar for $800, saying it was 20% off($1000 list price), but its always 20% as that's price it always sells for. I could come in anyday of the week not during that sale and get the guitar for that price. :P

Dragon

• 1 month later...

Nope, I went there about a week ago and just laughed at everything I looked at. And watched and listened to everyone scream about what great deals there were.

It was really bad, MediaPlay had more good deals than this shithole. Only good prices were some of the DVD's and CD's. At least at the Blasdell one. :poster_stupid:

Dragon