Video Game Tax

PurSuiT

Video Game Tax Coming to a State Near You?

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6229759.html

The New Mexico legislature has introduced a new tax measure, HB583, that would force consumers to pay a 1 percent excise tax on purchases of video games, gaming consoles, and TVs. The revenue generated from the game and TV tax would be used to fund a new state educational effort aimed at getting kids out of the house more. True to the aim of the measure, they have even given the bill the creative title, "The Leave No Child Inside Act."

I bet all these members of legislature are over-weight lumps that only exit a building to go to another building or smoke...

Specifically, the new fund would empower officials at the New Mexico states parks division and public education department to do the following:

• Develop curriculum-based programs for teachers to use on public lands and at other outdoor learning sites for outdoor education initiatives;

• Develop hands-on teaching materials for children for use in outdoor education programs;

• Provide transportation for children to experience outdoor education programs;

• Provide substantial and frequent outdoor experiences for children; and

• Increase outdoor nature-oriented physical activity programs for school-age children.

:)

My kids have 3.5x 70 gallon totes filled with books, so they should also tax books...as my kids stay in the house to read.