20.1in vs 22in for BF2

DaPoets

So BF2 runs fine on my 20.1in Secptre widescreen but when I make my 22in Samsung widescreen the primary monitor BF2 crashes. I have been doing a lot of reading on this an apparently anything over 20.1inches for BF2 and you are getting into a world of hurt... I can at least now get to the log in screen on the 22inch before it craps out on me....

As of right now, I have to load up catalyst, make the 20.1in monitor primary, then load BF2. Then after I'm done, switch back to the 22in as my primary.... I wish they would just patch BF2 to work w/ all sizes of widescreens...

So BF2 runs fine on my 20.1in Secptre widescreen but when I make my 22in Samsung widescreen the primary monitor BF2 crashes. I have been doing a lot of reading on this an apparently anything over 20.1inches for BF2 and you are getting into a world of hurt... I can at least now get to the log in screen on the 22inch before it craps out on me....

As of right now, I have to load up catalyst, make the 20.1in monitor primary, then load BF2. Then after I'm done, switch back to the 22in as my primary.... I wish they would just patch BF2 to work w/ all sizes of widescreens...

BF2 has zero support for widescreen, but had simlar issues when goting from a non WS 19" to my 22" WS. Try setting you 22" destop rez to 1024*768 if you can get into the game after that go into the option for the game and set it to the same. 1024*768. if that works. go back set your desktop rez back to 1680 * 1050 and see if you can get in. If so keep playing we the rez "in-game" as it is crashing to desktop due to an unsupported rez between that monitor and BF2.

Sure, dash my hopes of wanting a WS.... :signs-goodnight1: