Channel 4 News about WNYG & WCG

So I happen to be friends w/ Jericka Duncan from Channel 4 News and she is interested in possibly doing a piece on our group about how we utilize our computer resources toward cancer research (WCG) when we arn't fragin some noobs in game. She wanted to just come to my house w/ a camera crew but I thought it may actually be best for them come come to one of our monthly events so see us all together and we can do demo's of WCG all running at the same time (graphic & non Graphic) and then they can do a few shots of us playing CoD4 or something.

She 1st has to present the idea to her editor and then if he ok's it then we (Bob) needs to be ok w/ it.

15 mintues of fame anyone?

This coming up event I will only have a few hours to be there because I have a holiday party for my job that evening. If they choose to do the story I would try to have them there by 3:30pm as that gives people time to show up and setup and then I have to leave by about 5pm. If that doesn't work for then the perhaps the next event. We shall see!

Jan would be MUCH more preferable!! if possible. VFW is more camera friendly than my basement :P

Sorry you can't stay longer in Dec, but go enjoy party!!! :)

Jan would be MUCH more preferable!! if possible. VFW is more camera friendly than my basement :P

Sorry you can't stay longer in Dec, but go enjoy party!!! :)

I was just going to bring that up, as Jan is also the one we like to promote as it pays the bills for the hall and food, also pays for the website between events. And it was meant to be more public/info based. :) Number 1 reason we started doing them there was to get the word out, #2 was to keep Bob from getting to laid back at home. :P

Reminds me that I should have followed up with the Buffalo News contact I have (friend of the family). Good Call DaPoet, though Jan 08 would be the best event for this. :)