ATI 3800 series

B.Ob.

The test I have done using that same settings they list have been all over the place on my system, Crysis, Q4, CoH and Stalker have all been off, 3dmark's have been the only one close to there benches and I have access to a 3870 and they are still way off.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The test I have done using that same settings they list have been all over the place on my system, Crysis, Q4, CoH and Stalker have all been off, 3dmark's have been the only one close to there benches and I have access to a 3870 and they are still way off.

You're running a MUCH higher clocked CPU.

You're running a MUCH higher clocked CPU.

Yep and that should mean my results would be higher for the 3870 then the 2900XT which they are not.

Need to get my hands on the 3870 again and post my results, but I could not get the 3870 past 11k in 3dmark06 well on the other hand I got the 2900XT almost to 13k.

I will check later but what I was getting to is that with my system OC'd to 3.0Ghz exactly and the 3870 and 2900XT at stock speeds, thier tests @ 2.33 GHz

say 3870 = 8876, I could not break 8k stock and the 2900XT as per them = 9044 stock and I get over 10k. Would think that I would get an increase over the CPU they are using with both cards, not a increase on the 2900XT and a decrease on the 3870.

3dmark06_1280_1024.gif

Just think all the reviews I see are slanted, even the 8800 sc0ores do not make much sence in thier benches.

• 4 weeks later...

AMD Announces HD3800 Price Drops

"AMD called us to announce new prices for the Radeon HD 3850 512 MB and HD 3870. In the USA tonight (and everywhere else soon after), e-tailer prices for the HD 3870 should drop from $245 to $189; The price of the HD 3850 512 MB should drop from $199 to $169.

Could this mean that something new is coming in the graphics world? Stay tuned."

I noticed 3 versions of the 3870 were already at this price on newegg when I checked....

Cheap 3870 Crossfire setup at Newegg...save almost $100 over the 3870x2.

Original Price: $224.99

You Save: $35.00

Your Price:$189.99

Mail-In Rebate: $10.00

Price after rebate(s):$179.99

Apollo brand???? WTF???? with a 3870x2 in CF you would have 4 GPUs though...

I would spend the extra $5 and get the Sapphire as it is only $184.99

Everyone makes video cards now. Same board, same difference.

Quality control is what you lose when going with a lesser know brand. Sapphire I believe manufactures PCBs for ATi cards, only another brands I would consider buying is HIS or actual ATi. I used to say until my 9800Pro from ATi benched and ran cooler then other branded 9800Pro cards other WNYGers had at the time.

• 1 month later...

ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series Real-Time Demo

Ping Pong: DirectX® 10.1 demonstration and video

The Ping Pong demo illustrates some of the new graphical techniques made possible by the new features of Microsoft DirectX® 10.1 and the ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series of graphics processors. First shown on the AMD "Codename: Spider" platform, the demo shows off a new lighting technique known as real-time global illumination, together with a scalable physics simulation optimized for multi-core systems. It's also interactive - move around the room and see how many ping pong balls you can maneuver into the goals!

ASUS EAH3850 Trinity - three GPUs with one card

We knew that CrossFireX would bring new multi-GPU setups, but we did not expect anyone to actually use more than two cores with a single card. ASUS proved us wrong, as EAH3850 Trinity is a tri-core card. It has three RV670 cores cooled by a heatpipe construction and a water block, all in a single card. The card is still just a concept and it hasn't been decided when or if it will be released, however we do know that it works. When benchmarks with the card will surface remains to be seen, but keep an eye open the upcoming weeks.

Below are some pictures of the card, which makes at least our mouths water.