Good Air Cooling for E6600 ?

WarSpartan

Hey all.

Basically Im getting ready to put a solid overclock on my e6600. Winter time temps dont look to be a problem but when summer heats things up it might be a little much for stock. Does anyone have suggestions on good air cooling I could buy thats not too harsh on the budget and just as importantly not too loud ?

I could also consider water but dont have experience with it yet and im seeing it to be somewhat expensive by comparison.

Any suggestions or input is appreciated as always.

Thanks,

Wayne

A water solution will be around twice a top air cooler. Zalmann 9500led and Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm and Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme would all be good choices.

The Thermaltake can benefit from replacing its fan with a faster one (I did that with mine) and the Thermalright you should probably get at least one fan for it.

Thanks for the input - question - how are all those fans you guys suggested on sound levels ? I once did a volcano on one of my xp systems a while back - it was so insanely loud i gave up on it and never used it again. Im hoping to do an air solution that has low noice levels if possible.

The fan that comes with the Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm is not bad, but is replacable with any standard 120mm fan. I put on an Antec tri-speed, so you can pick your sound/speed levels (stock fan is quiet, but didn't push enough air for me). 9700led is dialable from the hardware that comes with it (as I recall) as its fan is NOT replacable, and the Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme does NOT come with fans, so you get the one or two that you want.

Was reading the reviews on them. Seems like the best choices of the 3 are the thermaltake or the thermalright. Though the thermalright seems to need to be lapped to counter factory warpage on as many as dont. The thermaltake seems to be consistently better made. The impression on perfomance is "if" you get a good thermalright that doesnt need lapping or has excessive warping, then they might be a little better than the thermaltakes. How much though I dont if its a big difference. So atm Im leaning towards the thermaltakes. They are $25 cheaper to boot. Im only dual core anyways so my need might not be as strong as the quad core runners. I'll read some more tomorrow.

Was reading the reviews on them. Seems like the best choices of the 3 are the thermaltake or the thermalright. Though the thermalright seems to need to be lapped to counter factory warpage on as many as dont. The thermaltake seems to be consistently better made. The impression on perfomance is "if" you get a good thermalright that doesnt need lapping or has excessive warping, then they might be a little better than the thermaltakes. How much though I dont if its a big difference. So atm Im leaning towards the thermaltakes. They are $25 cheaper to boot. Im only dual core anyways so my need might not be as strong as the quad core runners. I'll read some more tomorrow.

I'm not sure about the performance, but it's quiet and the price is right. $1 AR. I Just picked one up in anticipation of future upgrades ;)

COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-L9U1-GP 92mm Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler

Edited by Cyberg0d