LG - 19" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor

DaPoets

“Certified for Windows Vista” FLATRON monitors are optimized to work with Microsoft’s new operating system.

Consumers will notice enhanced functionality and a widescreen format which makes multi-tasking a breeze with more screen real estate.

The widescreen monitors are optimal for displaying HD content, which will satisfy every video and multimedia gaming enthusiast.

Looks good for your purpose.

If its gonna be your main screen, you might think a bit larger. I have 19" regular aspect LCD, and a 19" would not be as tall. Price difference for a couple more inches might be more than you would expect thou. Just a thought....

/me looks at the guys that have widescreen, is 1440 x 900 a standard WS rez?

/me looks at the guys that have widescreen, is 1440 x 900 a standard WS rez?

it is a std native rez foe WS, but I would shoot for 1680x1050 or higher.

First/cheapest/name brand wide screen 22" I came accross on newegg... 22" WS is the same screen hieght as a 19" non-WS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009094

If I can find a 22inch w/ a 3000:1 contrast and 2ms for the same price I'll pick that up... Apparently a lot of the reviews on the newegg 22inch say it's ok for DVD and good for avg computer use but it's viewable angles are not that great.

Specs only tell part of the story. As you go larger, they won't be as fast, generally. My wife has an Viewsonic for her PC and once she saw my Samsung, she got a similar Samsung for her shop. And we got a Samsung (yet a 3rd different model 19") for our oldest stepson and all 3 Samsung's look better than the Viewsonic....

I have a Sceptre 22" WS with VGA/DVI/HDMI native rez is 1680x1050 1200:1 contrast and 5ms black to black... no ghosting and looks great, base kinda sucks though but it is a great monitor and the HDMI can be used as a 2nd DVI port with a DVI-D to HDMI cable.

Either way you go I would say nothing with out at least 1680x1050 rez....

24" Gateway here - go as big as you possibly can if you are shooting for widescreen. 19" wide actually feels as small or smaller than a 17" normal. 22" wides feel like 19" normals. This 24" inch is absolute bliss. You could go nutty and hit up 30" or more but you do run into the "too big" situation really fast that way. The tech is excellent right now - even this 24" has no ghosting, awesome dark contrasting, etc. Just need some strong vid muscle to push the higher native resolutions is the only drawback. Oh and im not dragging it to lan's, lol.