Team Fortress 2

B.Ob.

Tasty Team Fortress 2 Screenshots Galore

"To celebrate Team Fortress 2's triumphant release are two dozen screenshots snapped off from cp_well, the first map we played! (rawr) The objective of this level is to capture, control and hold control points. I can't wait to check out some of the other ones. The shots are all 1680x1050 with everything cranked up.

Then here are some screenshots from the other maps that are include (updating as I go): "

Team Fortress 2 Beta GPU Performance

"At 1280X1024 we don't see many surprises. The 8800s are tied at 152 frames per second, or 9,120 frames per minute in Inquirer Marks. That is equal to 4.6 billion frames per year. The drop off to the 2nd tier DX10 cards is clear. The 8600GTS maintains over 60 FPS, but the 8600GT and 2600XT fall back to 48FPS. We don't yet have our 8800 GTX numbers, but we would expect something approaching 200 FPS."

Looks like this will play quite well on almost ANYONE's sytem.... :(

Team Fortress 2 Beta GPU Performance - More video cards added!! ;)

Previous set:

GeForce 8800GTX

GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

GeForce 8600GTS

GeForce 8600GT

Radeon HD 2600XT

Added:

GeForce 6800GT

GeForce 7600GT

GeForce 7900GT

GeForce 7900GTX

Radeon x1600XT

Radeon x1950PRO

Radeon x1900XTX

WTF? Where is the 2900XT bench, game runs great for me and it even has the "Best Played With ATi" Logo in the games main menu.

That whole site acts like the 2900XT does not exist, as all there DX10 Benching is on nVid cards, and the numbers I have seen say ATi excels @ DX10...

Yeah, they are nvidia heavy.... They admit they don't have access to lots of cards thou.... Guess you would not consider them a tier 1 review site. ;)

Team Fortress 2 Beta Impressions

"It isn't a cartoon look or a cel-shaded game like XIII but rather a very close approximation to the Pixar style of rendering humans. It may look like the game is light on textures, but there's a lot happening under the surface to get this world to look like a big-budget CGI cartoon. The characters all have a variety of unique animations and each is instantly identifiable from the others.

I found the look to be very refreshing. Sometimes I get tired of the photo-realistic look that many games strive for and it's nice to see some artists create a new space in which to play. As Valve states on their site: "TF2 features the most advanced graphics of any Source-based game released to date - and the most exciting class-based action ever created." I believe it."

• 3 weeks later...