PS3 is now $100 cheaper

Nemesis

Sony has no plans to cut PlayStation 3 price

TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp. has no plans to cut the price of its PlayStation 3 (PS3) at present to pep up demand and counter surging sales of Nintendo's rival game console Wii, Sony's president said on Friday.

"At present we have no plans," to cut the PS3 price, Chubachi said in an interview.

Sony has packed cutting-edge technology such as a Blu-ray high-definition optical disc player into the PS3, driving up production costs and making its retail price more than twice as expensive as the Wii.

I saw the "scan" of the CC ad too. I'll wait until it's under $400

Sony has no plans to cut PlayStation 3 price

TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp. has no plans to cut the price of its PlayStation 3 (PS3) at present to pep up demand and counter surging sales of Nintendo's rival game console Wii, Sony's president said on Friday.

"At present we have no plans," to cut the PS3 price, Chubachi said in an interview.

Sony has packed cutting-edge technology such as a Blu-ray high-definition optical disc player into the PS3, driving up production costs and making its retail price more than twice as expensive as the Wii.

I saw the "scan" of the CC ad too. I'll wait until it's under $400

Sony is well known for denying things to the bitter end, so we'll just have to wait & see what transpires.

On a side note, Target is now advertising the PS3 @ $100 cheaper starting Sunday as well.

-- Nem

It's now OFFICIAL... Sony has slashed the price of the PS3 by $100.

Click HERE to read all about it.

Oh yeah, there's now going to be a PS3 w/ an 80gig HDD that will sell for $599. This unit will also include the retail game called MotorStorm, which is an amazing off-road racing game.

So now, the 60gig HDD unit sells for $499 & the 80gig HDD unit sells for $599

E3 is also kicking off this week, it will be interesting to see what interesting developements come out from that.

Enjoy!!

-- Nem

PS3 price cut denied, confirmed

"On Friday, Sony President Ryoji Chubachi told reporters that there were "no immediate plans" to reduce the PS3 price point.

Chubachi must have a fairly narrow definition of immediate, as Sony's Dave Karraker confirmed a price cut on Sunday.

It's tough for Sony to maintain respect amongst the press, and the gaming public, when they flat out deny a story until the second they put out the press release. Intel used to do a similar thing, and that just bought them the ire of the enthusiasts, a community they've had to work hard to woo back. Is Sony making the same close-minded mistake?"

Sony are idiots.... I would buy a Wii or a 360 first, just to spite them....

Wow, can I have a job like that where I never have to answer the question asked..... A weatherman gets more respect in my book!!

:)

LOL... very true Pursuit. I guess in their minds they're doing enough my offering just 20gig's more, a free game ( MotorStorm ), not to mention an updated controller that will have Rumble thrown back into along w/ the Motion Sensing technology. Seems to me like they are a little behind the times here on their marketing strategy, but then again I never claimed to know the workings of Sony.

I have no regrets w/ getting my PS3, the system is simply amazing, one of THE best investments I've recently made. It has finally started getting the quality games that we are looking for, which is what has been promised from the start. I recently got Ninja Gaiden Sigma & I'm still blown away by it, it simply IS that good. I use composite cables for my PS3 & they offer up an amazing picture & audio. I took the game to my friends house who has HDMI & was floored even more, things were yet again even better. If you still don't believe me, then check out all the happenings from E3 regarding Sony, they literally owned the show, something they didn't do last year because of their lack luster collection of games. That's all changed now, which is always good for us!!

-- Nem