Time Warner selling

The buzz in the grapevine is that Time Warner is selling the High Speed Internet. They are only required to keep the call center in our area open until June 1'st. Some employees are already looking to get out. Some are trying to relocate but that probably won't happen.

Odd.... would think that would be their biggest $$ maker... This is the whole RoadRunner part, right?

Great another flood to the IT job market for Buffalo. This is sure to push hourly/salary rates down for IT positions and flood the market with mediocre talent, so even the highly skilled ppl in that call center will not be able to find a decent wage. Whorizon Take 2

Great another flood to the IT job market for Buffalo. This is sure to push hourly/salary rates down for IT positions and flood the market with mediocre talent, so even the highly skilled ppl in that call center will not be able to find a decent wage. Whorizon Take 2

Don't jump the gun yet Pursuit, this is a totally unconfirmed "rumor" that Sacred as decided to bless us with. I've heard nothing about this myself nor have the peeps that I called there. This honestly doesn't make much sense that RR would be getting sold @ this time, especially now that they are opening a special Divisional office in the area & the amount of new projects that we are taking in from the other Divisional areas.

-- Nem

agreeing with nemesis, unconfirmed, talk is cheep... the call center is diverfying, with different products, but it was well publicied back when talks started about the buy out (it was in buffalo news) that the calll cented would be open for about 1 year durring the change over, so im lightly worried for the time though july and augest but llike most things time will tell

and nothing really forshadowed in the stockholders info for closeing down

Edited by Conan4Life

agreeing with nemesis, unconfirmed, talk is cheep... the call center is diverfying, with different products, but it was well publicied back when talks started about the buy out (it was in buffalo news) that the calll cented would be open for about 1 year durring the change over, so im lightly worried for the time though july and augest but llike most things time will tell

and nothing really forshadowed in the stockholders info for closeing down

Hence why I used the word grapevine.

Hence why I used the word grapevine.

Fair enough..... just think it rattled a few cages, my own included.