Two Screens Are Better Than One

Two Screens Are Better Than One

Give someone a second monitor, let them use it for while, and then try to take it away. It just isn't going to happen. They'll never go back to a mono display. Researchers in the Visualization and Interaction for Business and Entertainment group (VIBE), found that increasing a computer user's display space made it easier for them to complete their tasks.

dsharp.jpg

I have 6 17" LCDs connected to my desktop @ work. Overkill? I could probably get by with 3 comfortably, but then would have to press the Alt+Tab key combo ;)

Primary display - IE, surfing

Secondary - Outlook, mail for domain I support

Third - IE, OWA for domain I'm backup support for

Fourth - HEAT, call logging/monitoring application, set to query every 10 mins

Fifth - RD/RDP, VNC, Dameware, connect to remote servers/users

Sixth - Winamp, IM

I hate working on one comp with multiple monitors. I have 2 monitors right now side by side but they are run by 2 comps. I would rather have 1 big screen, like a 52" that does some crazy rez then multiples. Six screens on one PC is over kill, specailly with windows. One app goes south and you have to reboot you lose 20 open apps on the reboot.

So you would rather purchase 6 stand alone pcs, than 1 capable of running 6 monitors?

No 1 PC is effectively capable of using 6 monitor efficiently unless you are running somthing that you need to span all of them. (like pipeline monitors) ;) Well atleast not the way I would use them, I would rather have 6 PCs with something like this software on them.

http://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/

or this

http://www.maxivista.com/

or ect.....