2 17" crts

Dragon

Hey,

I'm upgrading my recording system a little and I'm dumping my 2 CRT's that I use. Both are in great condition, still have a lot of life in them. Not looking to sell both to one person, so if you'd like just one that's fine.

Not sure about the price, so make an offer (no ParoxysM, I won't take $1 or less). B)

100_0676.jpg

Dragon

• 4 months later...

I am actually looking for a couple more monitors for cheap. I'm building a linux box and my 15inch monitor decided to commit ritual suicide with out the ritual. Plus I'm going to get a second x1950pro 512meg pci soon for crossfire and I want to add a 3rd or 4th monitor at that time.

I am actually looking for a couple more monitors for cheap. I'm building a linux box and my 15inch monitor decided to commit ritual suicide with out the ritual. Plus I'm going to get a second x1950pro 512meg pci soon for crossfire and I want to add a 3rd or 4th monitor at that time.

I have a couple monitors if Dragon nolonger has his, but if he does take his first as they are matching.

As far as doing more then 1 monitor in crossfire mode you can not. I had 2 1950 Pro's in CF for a while. If you are just looking to add 2 more desktop space get a cheapo PCIe card for the 3rd and 4th. Before I added my 2nd 1950 Pro I was running a 1950 Pro and a 850XT both PCIe on 4 monitors.

video.JPG

That's kinda sucky... I would have thought crossfire would be able to handle 4 monitors but I never did look into it. So crossfire can only do 2 monitors then?

I found a guy w/ a garage full of monitors yesterday and I bought a 17inch for $10. He had 19inches for $15 - $30 as well.

I just had a vision... My Intel D975XBX2 mother board has 3 PCIe slots, could I do crossfire in the 1st 2 slots w/ dual x1950pro's and then the 3rd slot run a pos PCIe to run 2 more monitors so that I get the benifits of crossfire on my main 2 monitors and then the extra other 2 monitors running off the 3rd card?

That's kinda sucky... I would have thought crossfire would be able to handle 4 monitors but I never did look into it. So crossfire can only do 2 monitors then?

Once you go Crossfire or SLi you are limited to a single monitor on those cards. Crossfire and SLi is for 3D and limited to gaming only,even CAD does not support CF and as far as I know only Fight Sims Support more then one monitor. Not sure about adding a card in the 3rd slot though.