Bumpy road for the Frag Shack....

We've been running into some problems over at the Frag Shack lately, and we need your help to figure it out!

We all know and love the WNY crew, so Shaggy and I have been trying to figure out the best way to make the gamers happy at our LAN's, without interfering with WNY's dates.

There's a poll up in our forums right now for the best LAN day. It's a tough choice, between Fridays and Saturdays....So many choices, so little time...

If you have any suggestions, we're open to them. We don't want to have our numbers dwindle any farther down the toilet, so please, come cast your vote and have some fun at the LAN. The April date will be chosen soon, as well as a game list for the night.

Hope to see you there!

Shaggy's Frag Shack

• 2 months later...

Well, due to the depressing lack of interest from members of the Frag Shack, we will forgo our monthly LAN for May. As it looks right now, this may actually turn into a permanent closing of the Frag Shack.

In the past 60 days, we have had approximately 20 posts on our forums, and 0 responses to our emails and threads concerning the LAN. Sad as it may seem, we didn't even get a simple "Sorry, can't make it" response from anyone.

Thank you to those who have made the Frag Shack fun in the past. Maybe some of us will see you at WNY's LANs in the future.

I know that I don't plan on halting all of my PC gaming, but this lack of interest has left a sour taste in my mouth for my immediate future in LANning....

On a side note...

We're still getting the UFC Pay-Per-View on Saturday night, if anyone is interested in watching it in HD with us. $5.00 donation requested, since it's $50 to order it. Feel free to bring something to share. We'll have some great chicken wing dip, pasta salads, sausage, and burgers.

Edited by Buckett

Actually I posted when I couldnt make the recent LAN :P

You are a bunch of cool enough guys. I will say one thing about the LAN's and this is not meant to be an insult. One thing I cant get excited about is when I know everyones gonna be doing a lot of drinking and even worse conducting "other" habits. To each his own. But for me those and LAN's dont mix well. So though I get excited about coming out to game, the excitements tempered by knowing most there are gonna get boogered up.

In the end when push comes to shove this particular lan ends up being the first I will consider bowing out of. I dont know if this has any effect on anyone else, but my experience is most lan goers are usually clean most of the lan with the occassional beers kicking out at the end of the lan if at all. I come to enjoy the games themselves. The other indugences I believe detract from enjoying the games by not just the indulger but everyone else. If one or a bunch of guys are fubarred then what kind of competition is that ? Wheres the excitement ? Multiplayer games are made to play against and be competitive with each other. When everyones boogered up then that competition is almost meaningless. Theres no big excitement cause with the mental facilities and reflexes all dulled it feels like no ones really trying. If no ones really trying then I might as well be at home playing against the computer AI.

And of course a classic example is being the "sober" guy at a party where everyones lit up. It just aint fun :)

Again this isnt an insult or even me dissapproving of anything you guys indulge in. We all like to have our fun :yahoo: However for me it seems that lans and those indulgences dont mix well, and tends to kill a lot of the excitement of the games. I offer up the idea that could this be a factor ?

Thanks for the lans in the past :) Good luck if you guys fire it up again.

I'll admit that I may have a drink or two at the LANs, and that some others (OK, most others) will indulge in a bit more than that, but I still have a lot of fun at the LAN parties. Yea, it does make things a lot different when you're sober and playing against a bunch of people that aren't, but I can't tell anyone how to enjoy their night.

I understand where you're coming from, WarSpartan, and I don't hold anything against you for it.