3dmark Scores

ParoxysM

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda strange, just cause going from single to dual core added (or at least used to) add more your 3dMark06 score. But primarily, it is supposed to be a video card benchmark, so I guess their updates have trimmed how much a CPU strength adds to the score. PCMark I think would be a better test of just the CPU alone.

Main Test Results

3DMark Score 5801 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 2062 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 2296 Marks

CPU Score 3672 Marks

My CPU Score is much higher than other's I have seen on WNY Gamers.... but that doesn't add much to the final score if my SM 2 and 3 are low... crossfire here I come...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm excited, I'll be up to 4gigs of pc6400 DDR2 ram this wednesday.... I'm not sure if the added ram will increase my score at all but I know it will help in other areas....

Doubtful, but ALWAYS nice to have more RAM!!! :( I know I much happier with 3gig than the 2g I had originally.

I wish my mother board supported tri-channel.

DDR3 is about as close as you'll get.... for the near future at least. Are all your ram sockets filled up?

From my understanding. if your using XP32 or Vista32, the most ram you can get available will be 4gig minus the ram of your video card/s. I think if you Crossfire/SLI video cards (of 512 each) that would cut you down to 3gigs max available.

Personally, I'm thinking of yanking out my two 512 sticks and putting in two 1 gig sticks to get me up to 4. As I know I will need to format soon, so I will probably go with Vista 64.

I should last as-is past the Oct lan thou.

From what the ATI guys were telling me on the phone, the video card ram doesn't stack and it will use the lowest size of the two cards. So 2 cards at 512 megs each should not equate to 1gig of ram. Thus Windows xp 32 should give me 3.5gigs ram.

But my ram comes in the mail tomorrow so I guess we will see then for sure! :-)

Edited by DaPoets

Q. What are the memory limitations for the Vista 32-bit vs 64-bit version?

** Approximately 3.3GB addressable memory. Vista reserves upper memory space for hardware usage.

Would think this would apply to XP also....