Post your UT2K4 benchmarks here...

ParoxysM

Hehe, yeah, go fig.... Unfortunately, the script that runs is not consistent.... :D

But the Vehicles are WAY more controllable now.... :) So I can practice my Manta squashing.... B)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally ran 3dMark 2001SE and got 15536.

How I used to love watching the Nature part of that demo, back in the day..... (ah, my 'ol Voodoo5 5500..... )

Gotta try 3dMark2003 now.... *sigh*

3D Mark 2003 v3.4.0 yields a score of 5465

Its funny how FarCry looks better than all of their tests, and yet for the most part, FarCry looks/plays smoother.... ;):wacko:

Also, keep in mind I run garbage in the backround, SETI, Trillian, xfire, Outlook Express and a couple IE windows, when I run the tests....

3D Mark 2003 v3.4.0 yields a score of 5465

Its funny how FarCry looks better than all of their tests, and yet for the most part, FarCry looks/plays smoother.... ;):wacko:

Also, keep in mind I run garbage in the backround, SETI, Trillian, xfire, Outlook Express and a couple IE windows, when I run the tests....

Yaaaaa...Id probably close all those application to get a true result.

I finally ran 3dMark 2001SE and got 15536.

How I used to love watching the Nature part of that demo, back in the day..... (ah, my 'ol Voodoo5 5500..... )

Gotta try 3dMark2003 now.... *sigh*

Just to keep B.Ob. happy, I ran 3Dmark2001 & got a score of 16891

I'll get around to 3Dmark2003 when the spirits move me :wacko:

-- Nem

Honestly guys, Benchmarks this & that doesn't do anything for me.  As long as the system runs good enough for U, that's all that matters.

-- Nem   :wacko:

Some of us are hung up on benchmark scores... For those that don't game often would be perfectly happy with say the way UT2k4 was running on my PC with my GF3, but until I got the new vid card, I didn't realize how much more controllable my character/vehical is!!

Benchmarks give a measuring stick to the performance you experience. Which lets the rest of us more easily compare each other systems, and that can help make sure you are getting the performance your PC parts should be giving you!!

Yaaaaa...Id probably close all those application to get a true result.
I should probably do it both ways,,,, as I always keep that junk open when I play....

Finding out the clock speed (GPU/mem) of my vid card would probably be a good idea also....

Honestly guys, Benchmarks this & that doesn't do anything for me. As long as the system runs good enough for U, that's all that matters.

-- Nem :wacko:

That's why you list your system specs...most of your stuff is top of the line (or was). Silly.

That has nothing to do w/ it ParoxysM, numbers mean little to me, I'm more interested in the end result of how well it performs. As I said in one of my prior posts, when I get my new stuff I'll then list my system specs b/c I was asked to. That to me isn't driven by benchmarks & never will. Oh yeah, my systems parts are already outdated, but then again I knew that when I bought them.

-- Nem

Some of us are hung up on benchmark scores... For those that don't game often would be perfectly happy with say the way UT2k4 was running on my PC with my GF3, but until I got the new vid card, I didn't realize how much more controllable my character/vehical is!!

Benchmarks give a measuring stick to the performance you experience. Which lets the rest of us more easily compare each other systems, and that can help make sure you are getting the performance your PC parts should be giving you!!

Good point. I was doing it the "Old Fashion Way" by watching this & that to see how well things have improved over my prior system. I kept in mind what areas caused my old system to stutter & went right after those & saw HUGE improvements.

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos

I would say, more than anything, if your sytem runs good enough for you than thats great. I personally like the benchmarks because I can use them for bragging rights . for a lot of people it is about bragging rights. it is all about keeping up with the joneses. like parox said. he had to get the 9800 pro because he didn't want me to be the only kid on the block with the 256mb card.

I redid them again without anything running in the background junk running (clean boot), the UT2k4 demo scores did not vary by even 1 FPS, so that is pointless to repost, but here are the other scores redone:

3D Mark 2001 SE: 15836

3D Mark 2003 v340: 5545

I used Powerstrip to get my vidcard specs

GPU 378MHz

Memory 338MHz

Since I have my Barton running at 2000MHz, 12x166, and I have DDR400 ram, perhaps I'll move the multiplier down and increase the front side bus and see if anything changes...

OK, I'm jumping on the bandwagon O' benchmarks & installed PowerStrip v3.49

I adjusted the settings to slightly in the Yellow Zone to see what happens & then I'll move on from there. Any suggestions as to how far to push this thing b4 I have to start worrying about using heatsinks on my video card ram chips??

-- Nem :wacko:

OK, I'm jumping on the bandwagon O' benchmarks & installed PowerStrip v3.49

I adjusted the settings to slightly in the Yellow Zone to see what happens & then I'll move on from there. Any suggestions as to how far to push this thing b4 I have to start worrying about using heatsinks on my video card ram chips??

-- Nem :P

slightly in the Yellow Zone, hmmm, you might want to make a mental note of the actual # your setting it to.... :wacko: Once you start getting artifacts (screen doesn't look right) then back it down a little.... Of course, you'll want to play a game, or run a benchmark to test it out.

Surprised Father Overclock isn't here offering some suggestions.... ;)