Got my board back

Sacred

Nice!! Game on!!! :wub:

Company of Heroes here I come.

They sent me a new board got it the other day. Things been ok. been getting some flaky video issues now though. Was not having video issues before I sent board back. I am thinking maybe I should have just gotten another board. Think I am going to wait for prices to gop down a some more on PCIE GPU and upgrade to that next. give wife this MB and GPU.

What kind of issues? locks up, bsod, reboots, etc ?

I was getting some video issues. artifacting mainly. I think that may have been that I had the card oc a bit. I was running the core at 424 instead of the usual default 400. and I had an additional vertex process enabled 4 is the default. I think the 6800 GT is 16 pipes and 6 vp. The GS is scaled down a bit to 12 pipes and 4 vp. maybe I shouldn't oc the video card anymore. I reset it to the defaults things seem better. If I shutdown system and cut power to power strip next I turn computer on the CMOS defaults get loaded like the cmos is not holding its charge and memory. gets annoying guess I just need to keep power strip on. There are a lot more OC options. Don't think I will play with those though.

Yep, artifacting is a sure sign of a vidcard being pushed to far, or the fan on it failing.

Yep, artifacting is a sure sign of a vidcard being pushed to far, or the fan on it failing.

I should stop tryhing to OC my system. It runs fine when I just leave it alone. not the fastest but not the slowest either. Maybe one of these days I will get around to building a new system give old to wife.

OC'n can be fun, but usually only nets ya a couple frames per second extra. Assuming stock cooling.

CPU OC'n have to watch for heat and instabilty. Video card OC'n, have to watch for heat/artifacts and instability.