UT2k4

B.Ob.

So what is everyone's opinion of the demo?!

I was surprised how much smaller they made all the power ups, which gives it less of the Fisher-Price look that 2k3 had. Some of the weapons have a old-skewl look to them which was refreshing. They seemed to taken more time in balancing the weapons, so I don't feel completely naked with just the hand gun, or bio rifle.

Besides the Internet tab beeing greyed out so I can connect to multiplayer games, the settings not saving my keyboard configuration after the initial time, and having the same weapons as before...its ok.

Yeah, I noticed that a few times also. Seems the Master Server was/is having issues. Hmm, havn't tried any custom key config yet....

I don't feel completely naked with just the hand gun, or bio rifle.

Dude, that isn't the kind of thing I need to be visualizing!! Did U post that for Bratlady's benefit?! :angry:

Believe it or not, I have yet to grab the ut2k4 demo :(

-- Nem

I am nolonger commenting on Demo/Betas as if I have any opion on it I get hit from both ends from the, it's not finished crowd.

Why Pursuit, feel free to comment on Demo games, that's the whole point of this forum is to "express" your thoughts. Just try to keep your responses more down to earth for what the demo is instead of making it sound as if the game is a final release & U should be fine.

I promise that Dragon & I won't come after ya if U do that.

-- Nem :(

I couple people I know have put up servers, so I manually added the IP to my favs :(

If you guys are having troubles, I'll hook you up for IP/password on the dl...I ping 40 and 80 to the servers.

That would be made cool.... I was considering putting up an Onslaught server this weekend, or shortly thereafter.

Believe it or not, I have yet to grab the ut2k4 demo

DUDE!! Its just 210Meg, I thing the big rush for it is over. Althought I was downloading it at a steady 346Mbs when I got it that same night! :angry:

Is the server up yet?? What the he|| is the delay :(

Enabled voting, so we can change the type since there is only 1 map per type B)

Hehe, yeah, I was gonna put it up before work today, but I slept in..... Doah!! ;) I'll put it up when I get home tonight! Yeah, the one map selection sucks.... but we'll only be in pain for 10-14 days.... :D

Ordered it also... says it will ship on the 23rd B)

That should still be enough time to get it before the LAN party!! Did you go with the DVD SE from BestBuy? As the last email I got from them was it was back-ordered and "We expect to ship it to you by 02/19/2004."

Is the server up yet?? What the he|| is the delay :D

Enabled voting, so we can change the type since there is only 1 map per type  B)

Hehe, yeah, I was gonna put it up before work today, but I slept in..... Doah!! ;) I'll put it up when I get home tonight! Yeah, the one map selection sucks.... but we'll only be in pain for 10-14 days.... :D

The UT2k4 Demo server is up!!

69.161.97.112 (ut.wnygamersclub.com) but I seem to have trouble finding where to enable map voting.... I thought it was bMapVote= but I was wrong... :(

Hmmm, reading thru the ut2k4 demo server forums, it looks like MapVote is disabled. Hmmm, I could try to give you Web Administration Interface access instead.... whatcha think?

Ordered it also... says it will ship on the 23rd B)

That should still be enough time to get it before the LAN party!! Did you go with the DVD SE from BestBuy? As the last email I got from them was it was back-ordered and "We expect to ship it to you by 02/19/2004."

Yeah DVD SE from BB... Last email said est ship date the 2/23/04

• 1 month later...