Catalyst 7.1

B.Ob.

Catalyst® 7.1

Release Notes

New Features

This release of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite includes Crossfire™ enhancements that enable the Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR) Crossfire rendering mode by default so that users will see significant performance benefits across all AFR compatible applications immediately (including newly released applications, so users do not have to wait for a future ATI Catalyst™ release to add Crossfire™ support for newly released titles). Future ATI Catalyst™ releases will add further Crossfire™ performance gains once new applications have been profiled specifically for Crossfire™.

Known Issues for the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite 7.1

The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of the ATI Catalyst™ Software Suite. These include:

* Battlefield 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP with the in-game display setting at 1920x1440 or 2048x1536 and AA set to 6x may result in the game failing to launch. Further details can be found in topic number 737-22817

* Starwars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Setting the in-game display option to low settings may result in corruption being noticed within the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-25173

They reminds me, can you bring that PSU cable to the LAN Bob...thx!!

Yep, I'll bring that as well as PurSuiT's p/s!!! If I forget, I'll make an extra trip!

ATI Catalyst 7.1 Performance Analysis

"If you cannot be bothered uninstalling the current drivers to get the new version up and running, you shouldn’t be too fussed, as mentioned there isn’t a whole lot new Catalyst 7.1. If you’re about to reinstall or format your system, we would recommend you place the latest drivers on as they always bring bug fixes but we wouldn’t go too far out of the way this month."