Anyone set DisablePagingExecutive to 1?

ParoxysM

MS Technet

Setting this value to 1 is useful when debugging drivers, because all of the code and data is always memory resident. It also improves performance on machines with a lot of memory, because it prevents disk reads to get code or data.

I benchmarked my system with 3dmark06, 3dmark01, FEAR and CS:S before and after setting this to 1.

I either lost or stayed about the same with my 2x1GB RAM. I added another 2x512MB RAM to total 3GB and the performance was worse (I had to change from 1T to 2T to use older stuff).

I cant play with these low frames...

fear.jpg

Can you max all your settings and rerun please.

Why would I max my settings...to get less frames, less frags and more lightning effects?? If I want to see how kewl my armor looks, I'll play an RPG.

PurSuit's just mad that if he lowered all settings and ran bench @ 800x600, he wouldn't get half those numbers :guns1:

Can you max all your settings and rerun please.

Why would I max my settings...to get less frames, less frags and more lightning effects?? If I want to see how kewl my armor looks, I'll play an RPG.

PurSuit's just mad that if he lowered all settings and ran bench @ 800x600, he wouldn't get half those numbers :guns1:

Considering that 8800GTX's in SLI not get 100% over 40. I think our benchmarks would be fairly close now.