I am considering either of these 2 MB

ABIT AT8 32X Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail 109.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813127234

and this one

Asus

ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail 129.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131004

B.Ob., Nem and I all have the old version of the CF board, the RDX200, or at least B.Ob. and I do. Nem had the new one but I think he sent it back for another one or the one I have, can't remember.

I tried the old version of the ASUS board your thinking about and didn't like it at all. Couldn't overclock for nothing and the board was acting a little flaky. To me, aside from the board being flaky, no ocing is no good. I was planning on ocing the new system from the beginning but even if I wasn't, its nice to have and shows that the board can be stable when pushing the CPU and just stable in general. :)

Dragon

B.Ob., Nem and I all have the old version of the CF board, the RDX200, or at least B.Ob. and I do. Nem had the new one but I think he sent it back for another one or the one I have, can't remember.

I tried the old version of the ASUS board your thinking about and didn't like it at all. Couldn't overclock for nothing and the board was acting a little flaky. To me, aside from the board being flaky, no ocing is no good. I was planning on ocing the new system from the beginning but even if I wasn't, its nice to have and shows that the board can be stable when pushing the CPU and just stable in general. :)

Dragon

Wife wants me to wait until we get our taxes back.

I tried the old version of the ASUS board your thinking about and didn't like it at all. Couldn't overclock for nothing and the board was acting a little flaky. To me, aside from the board being flaky, no ocing is no good. I was planning on ocing the new system from the beginning but even if I wasn't, its nice to have and shows that the board can be stable when pushing the CPU and just stable in general. :friends:

Dragon

I have the DFI RDX200 and I got my 2.0GHz AMD Opteron 170 to overclock at 2.9Ghz stable!! Granted I have good mem and a Thermaltake Typhoon on the cpu, but that it runs stable with nearly 50% overclock on air cooling is nothing to sneeze at (cues ParoxysM to sneeze :) ) If you find this m/b for the same price as the abit, grab the DFI!!!

I gotta agree with Dragon about ASUS being the suck lately. I got a ASUS A8R-MX/SI Socket 939 as it was pretty cheap and it runs stable at stock speeds, but forget about being to manipulate anything!!

I have the DFI RDX200 and I got my 2.0GHz AMD Opteron 170 to overclock at 2.9Ghz stable!! Granted I have good mem and a Thermaltake Typhoon on the cpu, but that it runs stable with nearly 50% overclock on air cooling is nothing to sneeze at (cues ParoxysM to sneeze :friends: ) If you find this m/b for the same price as the abit, grab the DFI!!!

:)

939 Xpress 3200 boards on newegg only 2 listed in stock. (939 is dead and AM2 is on top right now)

aBit $109

Asus $122.99

DFI MIA (they do have the Xpress 200 DFI for $59)

My Opty 165 only runs at 2.7GHz

That is cuz you did not go with the AssRock board.

The Opty 165 stock speed is 1.8, so he got the 900MHz OC I did.

Xpress 200 DFI is $59.99, but looks to be a limited time price

/me wonders if I should go into the how worthwhile dual vids cards really are and are not currently....