Unreal Engine 3

B.Ob.

Unreal 3 Engine Performance With Rainbow Six: Vegas

"However, that change isn't the one we're going to focus on here today but another one for the series: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas is one of the first PC games to use the brand new Unreal 3 engine. HDR, per-pixel lighting, and a highly improved facial animation system are a few of the changes UE3 has brought with it. And while certainly there are aspects of the game that look great, with an amazing attention to detail on the character's faces, with both expressions, wrinkles, hair, and more, some aspects of the environments and textures don't look quite as stunning as one might think or even better than many Unreal 2.5 engine games. Since this is one of the first PC games to use the Unreal 3 engine and UbiSoft's first Unreal 3 engine game as well as more of an Xbox 360 port this time around, perhaps that is why."

Cards tested range from a 7600GS to the 8800GTX

So Im looking at approx 25fps with my current rig, n1. I'll have to reduce to medium/low for it to be playable. I could care less about player faces with wrinkles. The only way I would see that would be a screenshot, Im lucky to see the player's weapon let alone his eye brows :poster_stupid:

So Im looking at approx 25fps with my current rig, n1. I'll have to reduce to medium/low for it to be playable. I could care less about player faces with wrinkles. The only way I would see that would be a screenshot, Im lucky to see the player's weapon let alone his eye brows :WTF:

You do not see your enemy's eye brows cuz you are just looking at his ball sack the whole time. Boom! Head Shot! :poster_stupid: