hard drive for new pc

Guest Major_Chaos

Guest Major_Chaos

I'm trying to decide if i should get a 10000 rpm 36 GB drive or a 7200 rpm 160 GB drive. I don't think I need all that storage space and I want the fastest pc possible. Is a 10000 rpm drive going to make much of a difference? what do YOU think I should do?

Mods, please move to correct section...

36G goes fast. I bought an 80G a few months ago and am easily filling it up with newer games:

BF1942 - 3.59G

UT2K3 - 3.02G

MP2 - 1.56G

Halo - 1.42G

NFSU - 1.27G

JKA - 1.15G

CoD - 1.14G

+ 2.6G of game patches files

That's like half of your new 36G fard drive...and doesn't include the other 12G of games I already have installed or other applications. The new drive will be faster upon boot and loading programs, but 3 seconds isnt worth the $/GB ratio IMO.

Mods, please move to correct section...

36G goes fast. I bought an 80G a few months ago and am easily filling it up with newer games:

BF1942 - 3.59G

UT2K3 - 3.02G

MP2 - 1.56G

Halo - 1.42G

NFSU - 1.27G

JKA - 1.15G

CoD - 1.14G

+ 2.6G of game patches files

That's like half of your new 36G fard drive...and doesn't include the other 12G of games I already have installed or other applications. The new drive will be faster upon boot and loading programs, but 3 seconds isnt worth the $/GB ratio IMO.

I went ahead & moved this TOPIC to the correct location b4 we get another posting WAR going on w/ everyone bashing the "intelligence" of Icunvnme B)

The things I do for friends :lol:

Enjoy!!!

-- Nem

I'm trying to decide if i should get a 10000 rpm 36 GB drive or a 7200 rpm 160 GB drive. I don't think I need all that storage space and I want the fastest pc possible. Is a 10000 rpm drive going to make much of a difference? what do YOU think I should do?

If U truly want to have SPEED, then go w/ the 36gig 10k rpm hard drive for running just your OS & app's & get yourself a SATA 160gig 7200rpm drive for the games. Storage space is going to become a HUGE issue this year w/ all the new games coming out & the 36gig drive just won't cut it. If it were me, I would simply get a 160gig OR 200gig SATA drive & use the $$$ from the 36gig 10k drive for something else more important than having the "fastest" drive that will more or less save you 3 - 5 sec's on a bootup & do little else.

Oh my gosh, did I just agree w/ ParoxysM??!! Isn't this the man who has the "E-penis" that is actually larger than his own?!?! B)

Those are my thoughts on this, go w/ them as U deem fit.

-- Nem :lol: